just an idea
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: just an idea

just an idea

with a two-wheeled platform that's been around since the late 80's, virtually unchanged, I find myself wondering....

wouldn't it be cool if we were like the 'big kids'? Sure, we're not understood by the Harley crowd. Considered to small by the hardcore off-roaders. Hell, even the dealers try to steer us away from our bikes.

but if they can, why can't we?

what you ask?

well let me tell ya!

a rotating national meet.

the idea: held annually. Preferably same date every year. (i.e. 3rd Saturday of June)
    open to all
    split the country into 5-6 zones, so no one is travelling thousands of miles to go to the
    closest meet (bragging rights for longest ride)
    hold at state parks. Easy to find on every map, standard ammenities. Lodges may be
    available.
    day rides, good food, and like-minded company

what to call it?

given recent events, I'd like to call it the 'Russ Ralley'. This is with Gina's permission ofcourse.

I'm just the idea man here. As much as I'd like to take the lead, I know I'd fail miserably. I figure with the next few months of winter, this could make for some good discussion.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

TIM
    r80rt, CJ7_TW, littletommy and 5 others like this.
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

I do like the sound of that, I'd like to meet my fellow TDubbers.
    Dubzha and Peterb like this.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Possible.

Bagger and his wife had a meet at there ranch a couple years ago. Rainman, his dad and a TW neighbor of Bagger attended what looked like a fun time. I couldn't make it the first year. He tried to do it again, but not enough interest I'm guessing. Haven't heard from him or Rainman for a long time here on the forum.

I think MrBracket and Wingnut traveled to ride with the norcal guys on different trips.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I think that is a great idea....let's keep this going.
    Dubzha likes this.
    2012 Suzuki DR650
    2014 Yamaha TW200

was kinda thinking about a 6 zone split. Northwest, southwest, north central, south central, northeast and southeast.

something like this; NW, Elk City, Idaho
    SW, Cedar City, Utah
    NC, Red Wing, Minnesota
    SC, Hot Springs, Arkansas
    NE, Smethport, Pennsylvania
    SW, Macon, Georgia

these are just points on the map. I have no idea what's in these areas, just throwing them out for reference.
    I know for myself, the ride to a destination, is the best part. Choosing a route, searching out points of interest, and having no set schedule. If once I get to a destination, and were to meet up with fellow TWr's, well that's just a huge bonus. Share a meal, talk TW's, and find some trails/gravel. What could be better? Hopefully, the guy with local knowledge will step up and take the lead as far as putting together a day ride, and pointing out the closest 'greasy spoon'.
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

winters in Sudbury, MA, summer on Squam Lake, NH
    I'd be up for it. I too would enjoy meeting some fellow Dubbahs. How far would folks be willing to ride to one of these ? May need to have more than 6 locations'
    Will
    Last edited by williamemack; 12-28-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    Fred likes this.

Hot springs Arkansas is nice, pretty place, good food and from what I hear nice riding. It seems tp be pretty well located too.
    Last edited by r80rt; 12-29-2013 at 07:40 AM.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

as I said I'm no expert on locations. Local members would have to take the lead on the individual locations. As far as I'd wanna go for a meet would be about 600 miles. 2 days to get there, an evening of meet and greet, a full day of trail, 2days home. Think that's about perfect
    r80rt and Fred like this.

Hey what about considering the Canadian TW crowd and calling for one of the cycle of rallys in Canada?
    I would suggest here but flying our TW's into the arctic would to totally over the top price wise. However what about a point around the Great Lakes on the Canadian side?
    Dubzha, tinman tim and admiral like this.

winters in Sudbury, MA, summer on Squam Lake, NH
    [QUOTE=Polarpilot;94900]Hey what about considering the Canadian TW crowd and calling for one of the cycle of rallys in Canada?
    I would suggest here but flying our TW's into the arctic would to totally over the top price wise.

Now there's an idea, Bert !

Will

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links