Tool Kit
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Tool Kit

Question Tool Kit

My Tw came without a tool kit. Could some one post a picture of the OEM tools in their kit? I would like to put together a kit for mine.

Thanks, R.D.justride.gif
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

This forum thread has a photo of the tool kit. https://tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/219-tw-tool-kit.html

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I think I saw tool kit for sale $25 on this forums classified or on adv site's yesterday.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Talk about pure, unadulterated JUNK. I could pull a better kit out of my seconds tool box. Just my opinion but I would not pay a dime for this OEM kit. My bike didn't come with one either and I never missed any of it.

GaryL
    66roadkill66 and mmmsssggg21 like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Thanks Admiral. I'd think about shelling out 5 or 10 dollars for a kit. But, I doubt anyone would part with it for that. So, the pic gives me an idea what the mother-ship deemed important enough to include. I can start from the pic. and add a plug and master link to the bag. I may start looking for tools at the flee market in the morning. That is how I built the last tool kit. Problem is I always sell the kit with the bike. Always leave the spare and jack in cars I sell too. Just me?
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

I never thought much of factory tool kits either, until I had occasion to have to pull the back wheel off of my KLR on the side of a desert highway. I hadn't planned on going far, I just wound up way out without my full kit.

Turns out the milk crate full of tools my rescue vehicle brought along didn't have the right wrenches for the axle, but the junky punched steel wrench in the on-board tools handled the job fine!

Don't get me wrong, I like to pack along a pretty bulky tool roll when I head out to the backcountry, but there's nothing wrong with having a safely tucked away on-board stash of tools that fit.
    r80rt likes this.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

I haven't even pulled that side cover off to see if I have a kit. it looks typical of Japanese bike tools. this kit from Aerostich is a good example of better tools but its pricey. and this is the cheap kit.

RoadTech M3 Tool Roll :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear
    2005 Tdub

It's not completely junk, that flat stamped out dog bone wrench fits the oil plug perfectly, it won't round off the corners and chew up the plug.
    GaryL, TW-Brian and DonBenito like this.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Quote Originally Posted by r80rt View Post
    It's not completely junk, that flat stamped out dog bone wrench fits the oil plug perfectly, it won't round off the corners and chew up the plug.
    The dog bone wrench and the JAS screw driver tip is the only tools worth keeping. If I had an original kit I would certainly have it tucked in to the tiny place where it should be. No other kit will fit that I have found. My point goes more to the outrageous prices I see both from the dealers and sellers at the auction sites. These are extremely low end cheap tools but they do fit in the pouch and tuck away.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

In my TW's lifetime, I've had two occasions I used the OEM Toolkit, both for the axle. Adjusted a loose chain on the trail once and the second time when I changed my chain to the other sprocket on my dual sprocket setup down at Crutcher's Crossing. With the possible (more than likely one day) addition of tire tools, I've not needed anything more. I did borrow a rock as a hammer both times to help loosen the axle nut by tapping the axle wrench. You know how I like my hammer's.
    r80rt and Dubzha like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links