New member shopping for a TW200
Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: New member shopping for a TW200

Central Pa. , 15 miles west of Penn State

New member shopping for a TW200

Hello to everyone, don't have a bike yet but looking. I all ready need your help on buying a Tw200 I hope you guys can help me out. The bike I'm looking at is on ebay now from Hershey, Pa., I live 90 miles from their. The book price I'm finding on a 2013 with 3,00 miles is around $3,500.00 and the buy it now price is $3300.00, not sure what to do, seems top dollar to me, what do you guys think. Also found one for $2499.00 on a 2007 with 6000 miles at a dealer, now that makes the 2013 sound better ?? From reading your forum, you guys know what your talking about and I sure could use your help.
    Thanks, archery22

Hi Archery,

Welcome to the forum!

I have had my best luck finding TW's with craigslist.

Brian

This is just my own personal opinion but I would not pull the trigger on either of them. Not sure if you meant 300 or 3,000 miles on the one.

I think you can find a brand new left over 2013 with full warranty for right around $4,000. I would consider one with only 300 miles close to new and if the price and condition are right then do some haggling with the seller. The ones with 3,000 and 6,000 miles I tend to hold back from unless I can see the owner was big on maintaining it right. In any case, if you are about to pay top dollar then just make sure you are getting a top notch bike that needs nothing and is ready to ride now.

Fill in your profile info so we know where you are and get a feel for the type of riding you do.

GaryL
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I know the one you're talking about on ebay my friend put a bid on it last time it was up. I just bought mine for 1400$ and its a 98. I've wanted one for years just couldn't find the right used one at the right price. They go so fast. I just couldn't justify spending to much on it since I don't have the off road spots near me. I'm in phila. Good luck. I'm still looking for another for a friend.

They sell soooooo fast here in texas but you can find a deal if your not in too big of a hurry........I buy every one that's close to me if the price is right.......good luck!

Bought my '95 last year with 3,000 miles for $1,100. I believe this was an uncommonly good deal...but they're out there if you look. Personally, i'd look for a pre2000 model year so you get the kick start. I think kickstarts are a very smart option on this platform and wouldn't trust electric start only when I get way off the beaten path as I travel alone. My $.02.
    +1 on the Craigslist search.
    Good luck and welcome to the club! FYI, the bike is the cheapest part of this hobby.
    mmmsssggg21 likes this.
    God willin' and the creek don't rise.

Central Pa. , 15 miles west of Penn State
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    This is just my own personal opinion but I would not pull the trigger on either of them. Not sure if you meant 300 or 3,000 miles on the one.

I think you can find a brand new left over 2013 with full warranty for right around $4,000. I would consider one with only 300 miles close to new and if the price and condition are right then do some haggling with the seller. The ones with 3,000 and 6,000 miles I tend to hold back from unless I can see the owner was big on maintaining it right. In any case, if you are about to pay top dollar then just make sure you are getting a top notch bike that needs nothing and is ready to ride now.

Fill in your profile info so we know where you are and get a feel for the type of riding you do.

GaryL
    3,000 miles on the 2013, I agree with you on looking for new cycle if I can get a good deal. Just figured out how to do my profile thanks for the heads up.

Go through some threads from about a month ago. Someone posted a dealer with new leftovers for $3899. I think the dealer was in PA. I would certainly pay $500-700 more to get a zero mile with warranty bike. Knowing the maintenance history and how it was broke in and ridden is a big plus with any new vehicle.

You are not that far from a few of us over here in NY but just over the PA border from Matamoras.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I was looking at the same bike on ebay....
    I found a 2013 leftover from a dealer for $3,790+ he said $4,777 out the door
    Does this sound about right adding 7% tax and prep?
    Thanks for any info...

Quote Originally Posted by Holdnon72 View Post
    I was looking at the same bike on ebay....
    I found a 2013 leftover from a dealer for $3,790+ he said $4,777 out the door
    Does this sound about right adding 7% tax and prep?
    Thanks for any info...
    That OTDPrice sound like he is getting full retail with no left over discount at all. Keep searching!

GaryL

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links