So I told him I wanted to learn a new skill....
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: So I told him I wanted to learn a new skill....

Smile So I told him I wanted to learn a new skill....

....and a few weeks later I have a '13 TW200 sitting in our garage. I am truly enjoying my first experience on a motorcycle~THE motorcycle~for all things off road. I am riding it when the weather permits and loving it! I just finished giving it a bath for the second time after getting a proper amount of mud on it. I love slipping away into the open fields and less traveled roads with my bike and just letting it power me through peanut butter-ish gravel roads. I have a Jeep trail in mind for a future adventure but in the meantime I will take what I can to enjoy what I have. It's nice to be a part of something greater by sharing the enthusiasm with other TWers.

Welcome to the addiction, oop's, I meant forum... now start looking at accessories! m.
    MCC1776 and tcepilot like this.

lol, she's done got BIT! If, that is indeed a girl as the screen name suggests...

I sure am having fun with mine too. Went for a little exploring tonight for an hour after work and it was fantastic, even tho I did have to tear the front wheel off the bike on the side of the road. Must have been a small pebble between the wheel and the spacer on the right, making a heck of a scratching racket.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Purple People Eater's Avatar
    Welcome aboard and as always we expect a pic of your new bike!

rbm
    Hello and welcome!

Welcome dirtgirl!.....consider rejetting, turning the pilot screw 2-2.5 turns out,shimming the needle and the like (yes,it's easy to do on these bikes). Plenty of forum info on this topic.Your bike will be more responsive,run cooler etc..

Very cool! Welcome to the best forum on the web.

Tell us more. Where are you? Does he have a TW too? What riding do you plan to do, off road, on or both? After lurking around for a while you will get a feel for what accessories you might want or need and there is no such thing as a dumb question here. There are a few gals here, Purple already welcomed you and I am very surprised we don't have a lot of gals because the TW is a great bike and so easy to ride and low to the ground.

Pictures are easy to post and we love pics here! When you get time be sure to fill in your profile info so others can see where you are from and what ever other info you feel comfortable with posting.

Congrats on the new bike and enjoy yourself here.

GaryL
    Last edited by GaryL; 01-13-2014 at 09:08 PM.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Welcome, good to have another girl in the dirt with us!

Ronnydog

Thank you everyone and yes, I am in fact a girl who LOVES dirt. And thank you Purple for the warm welcome. I have been riding my mountain bikes for quite a while and decided to go deeper into the dark side and get a motorized mtb. I got the bug when I watched Long Way Down and my DH being the super duper supporter that he is researched bikes and found just what I needed. I originally intended on getting a dirt bike but there were mods that would be needed to make it street legal. Sooooo, TW found it's way home to our garage around Thanksgiving.

Welcome to the addiction, oop's, I meant forum... now start looking at accessories! m.
    I have a Jimbo shield (Thanks Jim for offering top quality craftsmanship in a cool little shield!), a Wolfman pack, and a minimalist style rear rack. The accessories were Christmas presents.

even tho I did have to tear the front wheel off the bike on the side of the road.
    Oh my goodness! Are you ok?

Welcome dirtgirl!.....consider rejetting, turning the pilot screw 2-2.5 turns out,shimming the needle and the like
    Thank you so much for that! It does run a little lean, doesn't it? And if you have any handy dandy tips, please post it along with a visual aid cuz I like pictures.

Tell us more. Where are you? Does he have a TW too? What riding do you plan to do, off road, on or both?
    Welll.....I live in the mid south region so I have mild weather MOST of the time. Except for this year. The single degree temps and ice~what in the world?? DH has a Kawasaki KLR 650. He got the bug for a new bike when he was shopping for mine. We plan on riding the quiet back roads that lead to miles of gravel roads that are all around us. As a bonus, we have curvy, hilly, roller coaster hills thanks to the Ozarks. Makes for fun, fun, fun in the fall and spring. And summer too. As long as a bee doesn't fly up into my helmet.
    Last edited by dirtgirl; 01-14-2014 at 05:44 PM.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtgirl View Post
    I got the bug when I watched Long Way Down
    Ha! Bought my wife a TW on Dec 14th after the exact same thing. We watched both Long Way Round and Long Way Down on Netflix and she was raring to drive across Africa.... Thought we'd start smaller and work our way up haha.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links