Waterproof cover for stock 2013 TW 200
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Waterproof cover for stock 2013 TW 200

Waterproof cover for stock 2013 TW 200

I've searched for recommendations and not been successful.

Any suggestions appreciated. Bike will be outdoors 24/7. Subject to south Florida summer thunderstorms.

Bike is stock and the only anticipated addition would be a luggage rack. (Cyclerack probably)

Thank you.

I got one at Walmart Classic Accessories MotoGear Deluxe Motorcycle Cover: Automotive : Walmart.com

Autozone or Cyclegear has some too.

Prices range from 20 bucks and up.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    I got one at Walmart Classic Accessories MotoGear Deluxe Motorcycle Cover: Automotive : Walmart.com

Autozone or Cyclegear has some too.

Prices range from 20 bucks and up.
    LT

Read the reviews for the linked model. Lot of happy campers it seems but none say specifically that it is really waterPROOF.

Has yours been properly waterproof tested and which size did you get?

LIG

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

From experience as a upholstery guy I would recommend having one custom made from sunbrella, it will last for 10 year's or better outdoors and is waterproof. It may be more expensive but I have foud that the ready made one's don't hold up. I have made a lot of covers and so has my fatherinlaw some still going 20 year's later.
    Last edited by 66roadkill66; 01-21-2014 at 10:50 AM.
    87tw,08 klr650,00dr200,76tl250,73cl175 scrambler,75tl250,76tl125,1960 cushman trailster,

I don't think I really paid any attention to it. I originally got one for my Harley in the medium size. It wouldn't fit over the windshield and saddlebags very good and I ended up using it on my TW in the shed, just covering it so that it couldn't be seen from the shed window. I have to say I don't know if it is waterproof or water resistant, although I am sure it is resistant. Sorry I couldn't have been more help. The ones at Autozone or Cyclegear I have no clue about at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LIG View Post
    LT

Read the reviews for the linked model. Lot of happy campers it seems but none say specifically that it is really waterPROOF.

Has yours been properly waterproof tested and which size did you get?

LIG
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Dowco Guardian is very good. A+

Nelson Rigg makes a cheaper one but if water pools in it-water will penetrate. B

Saw a DR650 guy use a bungie from the cross bar to the tail rack to tent his cover up so no pooling occurs.
    -Bill

Kawi ZRX1200
    Yamaha TW Two Hundirt

Quote Originally Posted by 66roadkill66 View Post
    From experience as a upholstery guy I would recommend having one custom made from sunbrella, it will last for 10 year's or better outdoors and is waterproof. It may be more expensive but I have foud that the ready made one's don't hold up. I have made a lot of covers and so has my fatherinlaw some still going 20 year's later.
    LOL. Thanks 66. But at my age (76) longevity of a product is not a high priority. I would be happy with an under $100 fully waterproof, reasonably fitting cover.

Quote Originally Posted by billmags View Post
    Dowco Guardian is very good. A+
    +1
    Dowco Guardian WeatherAll Motorcycle Cover - RevZilla size M.... I had this one for three years, no water penetration, just a little condensation sometimes. Excellent value!

there is another that is a little heavier duty: Dowco Guardian Weatherall Plus Motorcycle Cover - RevZilla size LG Might get hotter.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Quote Originally Posted by LIG View Post
    LOL. Thanks 66. But at my age (76) longevity of a product is not a high priority. I would be happy with an under $100 fully waterproof, reasonably fitting cover.
    well I would still look into it, it might be cheaper than you think, and having it custom made fits the bike way better then the universal fit nothings do just my .02 I have made them for under 100(not out of sunbrella but something almost as good)
    87tw,08 klr650,00dr200,76tl250,73cl175 scrambler,75tl250,76tl125,1960 cushman trailster,

Quote Originally Posted by 66roadkill66 View Post
    From experience as a upholstery guy I would recommend having one custom made from sunbrella,
    Curious, what general price range would that be?
    Ya gotta finish the loop, it's your only way out!

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links