Just met my first forum member
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Just met my first forum member

Just met my first forum member

Can't say enough good things about this forum. Especially after this. Great people, great attitudes, great place to come and hang out. So what if it's not a physical place, it's still the real deal.

Thanks Richard!!!! It's was great meeting you.
    1987 TW200
    Cycleracks Rear Rack, Tinman Tim's Side Racks [THANKS!], Action Packer Rear Trunk, Texsport waterproof luggage, 20w LED Spot Beam headlight, LED Bulbs for Rear Brake Light and Dash/Speedo, 12v marine auxiliary port, Coleman Seat Pad, Alloy Boltz kit.

"I will prepare and someday my chance will come." -A. Lincoln

Hidden Content

Sound's like ya'll got along....good show.
    MCC1776 likes this.

I am new here but have been involved in many forums. Some other sites are just a slaughter house when some one asks a question, a lot of "keyboard warriors" is what I like to call them. I would have to agree with MCC1776 about the people here. There seems to be a lot of respect towards one another here. No BS games being played and attitudes being thrown around. I plan on sticking around because of the community I am seeing.
    2015 Yamaha Bolt
    Coming Soon...TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JGillespie View Post
    I am new here but have been involved in many forums. Some other sites are just a slaughter house when some one asks a question, a lot of "keyboard warriors" is what I like to call them. I would have to agree with MCC1776 about the people here. There seems to be a lot of respect towards one another here. No BS games being played and attitudes being thrown around.
    Agreed. Lizrdbrth really helped maintain that tone and we will miss him greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by old white truck View Post
    Agreed. Lizrdbrth really helped maintain that tone and we will miss him greatly.
    Totally agree and we owe it to him and all of our forum members to continue his legacy! Just like Mom always taught us "If you don't have something nice to say, say nothing at all".

This does not preclude an occasional well deserved Razz here or there

GaryL
    MTLHead and Fred like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

winters in Sudbury, MA, summer on Squam Lake, NH
    So how much of this good attitude can be credited to the moderator(s). Do they get involved when somebody forgets to be gentlemanly? ........I didn't think so!
    I sell TW200 stickers for $2.00ea. delivered. See Hidden Content for details. Hidden Content

2014 TW, DMO pegs, Yamaha rack, Doubletake mirrors, Jimbo shield, extended pilot screw, Snapback clock, Ebay risers, Seat Concepts, o-ring chain, Ricochet skidplate, brake leash, IMS folding shift lever, ProCycle tool tube, 130 main jet and two shims, route sheet holder, compass, temp/humidity
    indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by williamemack View Post
    So how much of this good attitude can be credited to the moderator(s). Do they get involved when somebody forgets to be gentlemanly? ........I didn't think so!
    I think most of the moderators here lurk silently in the back ground and don't have to jump in often at all. Possibly, they might drop an offensive poster a short warning or even just ban such an individual from the site all together. It would be interesting to hear from a Mod about just how much Modding they have to do.

GaryL
    Fred likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I've met and ridden with about 10 forum members so far and all have been nice and fun to ride with. I think we all get along so well because we all have the same bike so not trying to one up each other and say how much better our bike is.... We just like talking about mods, places to ride and taking fun rides to explore.
    TW-Brian and MCC1776 like this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

It is the bike that has brought us all together. And I think the person who owns one of these simple down to earth machines that are just fun bring out the folks that are in that same vein. Easy going, smell the roses, not fired up to be rash or get there the fastest. This was a mature bike when it was born in 87.
    Fred likes this.

If a moderator doesn't have to do much "modding", I think that says something about the people here. Ever since I have registered here. I have searched through I would say 100 threads researching these bikes so I can learn as much as I can before I purchase mine. I haven't come across one thread yet where tempers were going. Not saying it doesn't happen but it seems to be at a minimum here?
    2015 Yamaha Bolt
    Coming Soon...TW200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links