Reminiscing the old beginnings.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Reminiscing the old beginnings.

Reminiscing the old beginnings.

The original TW site that is.

Yamaha TW200 Trailway Discussion Forum

Much like the old Dawson City We ran amuck for awhile, but got things going in the right direction. Fun to see some of the old members and the ones that are still active here now at the old site. If you haven't had a chance to check it out give it a try. Remember that a lot of pics may be missing if the OP removed his hosting account, but you can still gleen a lot of info.

Tracy
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

I've always wondered how a site like this got started. Who actually pays for the site to get built? I originally thought it was a Yamaha site.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmitty View Post
    I've always wondered how a site like this got started. Who actually pays for the site to get built? I originally thought it was a Yamaha site.
    ChopperCharles started the site back in 2006.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I've spent many evenings reading the posts on the old forum. When I read about the trips and such I really wish the pics were still there. For instance...this one.

Ok, so now you have me a bit confused! I guess I just assumed that when the new site got up and running the old site would Peter out and go away. I was never here when the old site was active and have never seen it until just now. It looks like the old site is still active, is it? My confusion comes from what benefit is there in signing up on the old site and posting and reading there? Do many of the members here on the new still use the old and why?

Lastly, why keep both sites up and running?

going now to kick around the old site just to get a feel.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Kinda wondering that as well Gary

Quote Originally Posted by naluboy View Post
    Kinda wondering that as well Gary
    I think I can answer most of my own questions. Looks like the old site is still there but only for reading. Tried to sign in and it took me to here. Where you see threads that show Last Post Today, that was from a long time ago. Looks like you can just read some old posts there and I will assume that the most valuable info from there got moved over to here if it was possible.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

It's not active, but there's a lot of info there to harvest and enjoy. Sort of archived. It would be a shame to lose it forever.

Thanks for keeping the old site alive and available for me to go back and look at. I smile every time I read it! To us old members thank you!

Ronnydog
    Dubzha and goldenhtr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I think I can answer most of my own questions. Looks like the old site is still there but only for reading. Tried to sign in and it took me to here. Where you see threads that show Last Post Today, that was from a long time ago. Looks like you can just read some old posts there and I will assume that the most valuable info from there got moved over to here if it was possible.

GaryL
    Yep, it was kept up for reading purposes only. As Tirebiter mentioned. I can still view some of the photo's. Looks like the site was 4 years old by the time I found it in March 2010.

I now refer to this site as either the original or old old site. I believe we are in our 3rd version.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links