newbe from nova scotia
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wildcat
  • 1 Post By wildcat

Thread: newbe from nova scotia

newbe from nova scotia

hi folks,just thought i would introduce myself .ijust bought a tw200 2 weeks ago. iv'e had atv's since 1990 and enjoyed them alot, all yamaha's sold my last grizz. ayear ago, and missed it lately.so i decided to kill two birds with one shot.i wanted to get something to drive on the road instead of my truck due to high gas prices,and also wanted off road use for hunting &fishing ,being short in the leg department the tw was the only choise .we had a january thaw last week and i put on over a hundred klicks already .what a fun bike! i can see why this bike is so popular with this group. iv'e already made a rear rack for it ,and turned out a couple of mirror extenders on my lathe.i cant wait for spring. now it's going to be hard to decide what to take for a ride,my 67 mustang or the tw200 .the tw will win out on gas milage for sure but the stang has a bit more rubber burning fun.can't take the stang off road also. iwill post pics as soon as i can get somebody to show me how todo it on this new fangled machine.im not very technogeek.haha. we have lots of trails here,old rail beds,log roads,fire roads and woods trails.looking forward to chatting with other tdubbers on this forum.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Welcome to the forum, enjoy that bike!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Welcome to the forum Wildcat!

Sounds like the mods are well underway on your new TW. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and allow you to get in an occasional ride in the next few months. Here's a link on how to post pictures:

https://tw200forum.com/forum/test-for...ersion-ii.html

I am interested in how you made your mirror extenders.

Brian

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome aboard, glad to see you're making the most of the TW, & have found the fun factor

Always wanted to sail around nova Scotia. Looks like a beautiful place

Welcome! Get your camera out and take some pics of your area for us.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

rbm
    Hello and welcome!

100_1378.JPG100_1379.JPG
    here are a couple of pics of my homemade rear rack with removeable backrest and mirror extenders. also a couple of pics of wales in our bay of fundy that i posted by mistake.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wildcat; 01-29-2014 at 08:48 AM. Reason: posted wale pics by mistake
    Fred likes this.

this is a learing process for me,i made the mirror extenders out of round stock on my lathe just drilled &tapped the ends and then cut & threaded the mirror ends .after instalation i sprayed with clear to keep it from rusting. i could have used alum. but didn't have any in my shop at the time.

Sponosred Links