Damn! I wish Haynes published a TW manual.....
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Damn! I wish Haynes published a TW manual.....

Damn! I wish Haynes published a TW manual.....

I've always preferred Haynes shop manuals because their illustrations and instructions involve improvising successful repairs without using the sacred set of factory tools that virtually nobody has... Chiltons/Clymers pubs are usually merely a reprint of the factory manual. I've always thought it odd that a publisher in the UK would offer such a wide array of books on products not common to its country;especially since their product is generally superior to State-side competitors.....
    PlacerLode and Darth like this.

I have an owners handbook for my TW, as i've had it from new. Unfortunately because in the UK the 200 TW is a grey import so I had to get it from Japan, the book is in Japanese so I can't understand it, apart from the odd bits where there are numbers or pictures where I can make an educated guess
    I did buy a CD off Ebay a few years ago that was a workshop manual, but can't recall actually seeing what it had on it, doh!

I have a factory manual "copied" that came with my first bike. Its for the earlier tw's. If you need to use it or see something let me know.
    Darth likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

PlacerLode likes this.

Thank you,point37,that is exactly what I need... Also,I appreciate your offer,small's,I should be ok now.... It looks like I'll be able to remove all starter related gears and the main stator assembly,leaving only the ignition module. That's a very small coil(typical)-I'd like to replace it with one much larger.... I have to admit,I didn't know that there is a counter-balancer inside....
    Point37 likes this.

Hi there, new to the T'dub world, great Forum guys.. I have a rookie question or 2 so sorry if already covered I've had a look about and still not sure..
    Firstly I'm in the UK and have just got a dog of a 2003 125cc I plan on customising for the wife to learn on..
    It's main issues on first inspection are the forks and clutch.
    So are main parts like forks and clutches the same on the 200s and 125 (is it just a different block that makes the difference?) so I can use the 2001+ 200cc workshop suppliment linked to on this thread for things like fork oil type / quantities and clutch springs / plates wear measurements to check etc..?
    Or does someone in the UK have a workshop manual for the 125?
    Thanks
    Sam.

Welcome to the board Gnarly one, grab a chair and settle down ……

With regard to the interchangeable parts between the 125 and the 200, the vast majority will fit both bikes. This can be confirmed by looking up the part numbers for both bikes – they usually match

As to your question on the forks and clutch assembly – yes, they are the same, so the manual is the same for both bikes – same fluids, same amounts, same parts

The only time the 125 goes “off plot” is regarding a larger rear wheel hub (and so shorter spokes) on specific years, the power limiter (hint, look inside the first 5mm of the exhaust header for a washer, although this was done electrically in the rest of the EU), the CDI (though we have yet to determine if the 200 CDI will work or not), and the carb, which had a heater, and so an extra wire

Out of idle curiosity, how many miles does this “thing” have on the clock ?
    PlacerLode likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Hi old Purple one..
    Thanks for the reply..
    Ha ha, good question! I've not even looked at the mileage, will look tomorrow. There's no guarantee it's genuine, as it looks like a few parts are from the breakers yards, as have the tell tale white writing on them..
    Oh well I fancy a challenge..
    Purple likes this.

You make a great point if someone was to create a great TW200 Full Service Manual covering all years it would be a hot seller to say the least
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

DKV
    I like Cyclepedia , lots of illustrations .
    bad luck likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links