California Emissions Sticker Location 2005
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: California Emissions Sticker Location 2005

California Emissions Sticker Location 2005

Hi - I'm looking for the emissions sticker on my 2005 but can't find one anywhere! Not sure if an Oregon bike would have one or not. Exactly where should I be looking? Do I need to remove something?

Cali models will have this canister
    ca.JPG
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Mel
    The California emissions sticker will be on the inside of the side cover. I don't remember which side. If your bike doesn't have the emissions canister, your won't have the sticker.
    Mel
    PlacerLode likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The Calif. emissions diagram is on the inside face of the air cleaner cover (left side). Gerry
    PlacerLode likes this.
    Take care my Friend.........

How did you resolve this? i bought a Tw with a Colorado plate and live in CA. Can I even get a plate and registration now?
    PlacerLode likes this.

Hi Major,

Welcome to the forum!

If your bike has more than 7,500 miles, there should be no problem registering it in California. If it has less than 7,500 miles, the State of California considers it to be a new vehicle and if would need to meet California emissions. Do you know if it is a California bike or a 49 state bike?

Brian
    PlacerLode likes this.

Thanks!
    no emissions canister like above posts so likely a 49 state bike. Its a 2009 and has 8080 miles on it luckily! hope its all good. thanks for all the info!
    PlacerLode and Fred like this.

Same question different year. I’m in the process of buying a 2014 TW from Nevada with less than 7500 mi. I’m almost positive it is a California model because it has the canister. Also, the present owner told me the dealer specifically told him it was a California model. The dealer is in Reno, Nv and sells regularly to California residents. The guy I’m buying it from even offered to take it back if it won’t register in California. So it all sounds good but I can’t find the sticker. the left side cover has a small diagram of where the emission hoses go but not an actual statement saying “California compliant” like I saw on the other thread.

Can someone with a 2014 California model please do me a favor and see if there is a sticker there? Seems incredulous they would put something that important on a piece of plastic that regularly falls or breaks off.

Thanks.

Hoping to become part of the tw family.

Edit. I found the sticker. It is on the left swing arm.

Second edit: I read on some motorcycle forums the dmv can identify California legal bikes just based on the vin number. That may be true but in my case the dmv person came out to look at the bikes actual California sticker.
    Last edited by Kermit; 04-17-2018 at 09:50 PM.
    PlacerLode and littletommy like this.

Many Nevada TW's are indeed CA legal especially the northern Nevada Reno area as they are closely tied to the Cali MotherLode territory because I'm sure Cali folks are a big part of their business

I think TWBrian said a bike has to have at least 7500 miles AND have the CA emissions decal to be imported to CA

I'm not sure if it's VIN differentiated as well

I'm surprised more people don't just license in AZ they don't verify any address because they don't mail anything they hand you the title and reg at the DMV and it's way cheaper than Cali

One possible catch is AZ requires an AZ based insurance policy but I was able to add that to my WA policies very easily
    littletommy likes this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Welcome to the forum!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links