My beautiful steed (orange and blue 1995 TeeDub)
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: My beautiful steed (orange and blue 1995 TeeDub)

My beautiful steed (orange and blue 1995 TeeDub)

photo.JPG

I have finally uploaded some photos to the forum of my recent purchase. Unfortunately, I couldn't successfully upload pictures directly from my iPhone so had to go the long way round and send 'em to my computer first! More to come if anyone is interested.

So she's a '95, some would say she's an ugly girl but they would be oh, so terribly wrong! She is a picture of 90's elegance. From a time when David Hasselhoff and Pamela Anderson were keeping us safe on our beaches. Back when the Atlanta Braves won the World Series and Steve Fossett became the first person to make a solo flight across the Pacific Ocean in a hot air balloon. Back when I was 17 or so, when the mere mention of a motorbike would elicit responses varying from "Not under my roof!" to the old classic "You'll only kill yourself on one of those things!".

Fast forward 21 years, one 'Sach's Maddass' (weird, but fun) and a 'KLX400R' (Kwaka's branding of the DRZ400!) later and this little orange and blue hottie enters my life.

I haven't done much to her yet bar inspect her every knook and cranny and give her a lovely set of new shoes & socks (Kenda K270 5.10-18 F, TW34 180/80-14R). I am definitely going to embrace her unique colour scheme and maybe get the cyclerack powder coated orange to match the stickers, other things on my to-do list are.

• Orange or blue hand guards (I like the squarer shape rather than the curve-y ones that have been coming out lately) still haven't found any I like the look of yet.
    • Heated grips, because it is DAMN cold here in Canada (Worried about the current draw on the old girl...)
    • Since I'm doing the grips thing, might as well get a new bar eh? (pro taper ATV perhaps)
    • Some kind of LED Clock/Thermometer/Voltmeter combo thing like this but has to be waterproof! To keep abreast of her power consumption and other useful things.
    • I'd actually like to put a USB socket (or two, one back near the bags, one up on the bars), again not an electrician and I'm probably asking too much of her to be able to do this.
    • Get some foam and replace the tatty but semi-functional under-seat foam!
    • Get her a new purse that will compliment her colours and look good on her tail, yet at the same time be practical! (Still searching )
    • Ride her everyday, yup even in Winter!

Done list

• New rubber
    • O-Ring chain (PO)
    • Geared for road (PO)
    • Service
    • Cyclerack (PO)
    • Ridden everyday!

photo-1.JPG

It feels good to be here guys, where has my '95 teedub been all my life?! Playing the field I guess. She's finally come home to stay!
    Fred, MCC1776, admiral and 6 others like this.

Good stuff Tee...love the enthusiasm
    Fred likes this.

She is looking very good. Save a few watts with leds, up battery w/ lithium unit and heated grips and USB are doable. I have a polarized plug to both pull 12v out for air compressor,whatever or to push charge from trickle charger in. Auto accessory USB port can be wired to your 12v here via plug or hard wired at rear rack,just want to protect plug from Vancouver's liquid sunshine. Vancouver and TW should make a great combination.
    Teedubya likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hook
    Line
    And Sinker.

Welcome!
    MTLHead and maddawgj like this.
    1987 TW200
    Cycleracks Rear Rack, Tinman Tim's Side Racks [THANKS!], Action Packer Rear Trunk, Texsport waterproof luggage, 20w LED Spot Beam headlight, LED Bulbs for Rear Brake Light and Dash/Speedo, 12v marine auxiliary port, Coleman Seat Pad, Alloy Boltz kit.

"I will prepare and someday my chance will come." -A. Lincoln

Hidden Content

rbm
    Congrats! Check out the Oxfords heated grips, I love mine, they work very well and simple install.

You are super pumped about that bike! Love it and it will love you!

Welcome
    williamemack likes this.

Throw a kill toggle somewhere on that USB lead. It will drain your battery without some kind of disconnect setup.

And the more pics we can get, the more you satisfy our winter boredom.
    1987 TW200
    Cycleracks Rear Rack, Tinman Tim's Side Racks [THANKS!], Action Packer Rear Trunk, Texsport waterproof luggage, 20w LED Spot Beam headlight, LED Bulbs for Rear Brake Light and Dash/Speedo, 12v marine auxiliary port, Coleman Seat Pad, Alloy Boltz kit.

"I will prepare and someday my chance will come." -A. Lincoln

Hidden Content

Welcome to the Rainbow Warrior tribe of the TW Nation. I like the old & bold colors too. I did mute the colors down some on my '95 with a black seat but kept most of the general theme that Yamaha used that year. Enjoy!!

95 bonneville.jpg
    Last edited by Tirebiter; 02-05-2014 at 07:57 AM. Reason: add picture
    MCC1776, maddawgj, Fred and 1 others like this.

WELCOME to the club!

I love those colors. Glad you are preserving them and reveling in their awesomeness.

those color combos work really great function and style all in one . makes my white and black 09 look bland.ahmen on the cold ,were gitting another storm today ,10to 12 inches,really sucks.enjoy your great looking bike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links