Modular Helmet Wearers
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Modular Helmet Wearers

It's time to replace my helmet and I was wondering what you guys that wear a modular helmet are wearing. I'm currently have an HJC but I've had a lot of problems with the baseplate/gear mechanism that allows the shield to move up and down so I'm gonna try another manufacture.
    I Kind of like GMAX's GM54 and Bell's Revolver and would like to hear any feedback from anyone currently wearing one of these helmets as well as from anyone else that's wearing any other modular helmet.
    Thanks for your input.

I've used the HJC modular helmets and haven't been that happy with them myself. For the TW I've been wearing an off-road helment and goggles because I ride alot of off-road but as far as modular helments go for long trips on my DR650 I think I'm going to drop the money and go with a Shoie
    2012 Suzuki DR650
    2014 Yamaha TW200

I think OSOK has the GMax G54 and loves it. It just seems like a natural progression for those getting older and wearing eye glasses all the time. I absolutely hate goggles over my glasses and getting a helmet on or off is a PITA because I have to remove the glasses and find a place for them while I unstrap. That place is on the ground because if I lay them on the seat they fall any way. I just need to find a place that carries the G54 so I can try them on for sizing.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

go try them both on...that may make the decision for you...if i had to choose between the 2 i would go with the bell just based on their rep having been around for a while as well as having a custom 500 motorcycle helmet and a mountain bike helmet by them

This is the helmet I wear when I'm not on a road trip. Its not as quiet as my Shoei or Arai but its also not a $700 helmet. I was surprised the quality and have had no issues with it, thou I haven't tested it either…..

Amazon.com: LS2 Helmets FF386 "A" Modular Motorcycle Helmet (Solid Blue, Small): Automotive
    Chris Reitzel
    Hidden Content
    2007 TW 200
    Too many Hummers

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Scorpion EXO-900 Transformer Motorcycle Helmet | Riding Gear | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

That's the helmet I wear and unfortunately I have tested it and I am ordering the same one as a replacement. It preformed great in my crash and stayed locked closed on impact. As a bonus it has the option to be used as a 3/4 helmet if you want to, and as a full face it is great. I love the built in sunshade lense that allows you to quickly flip it up or down, no need to replace the main lense or get stuck heading home after dark with a tinted screen on. It is quiet up to 60+mph and has enough ventilation that even the black one is comfortable in the high heat and humidity of Savannah. It also is preset up for a comms system if you want to add one. I loved mine even before it proved itself.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

I dont wear one but I would like to check out the ls2 ff386. Looks like a decent helmet for the money. Its made in China but whats not made there.

I have a Schuberth C3 that i love, most comfortable and quietest helmet i have ever owned. They are not cheap but with helmets you get what you pay for and head protection is a place i refuse to skimp on. The only other modular i would consider personally is a Nolan.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

I had the Shoei for a bunch of years and loved it. When it came replacement time I tried to save some money and got the HJC. I am not happy with the HJC at all. My friend lent me his Nolan and it was very comfortable for the short time that I had it on. I will be making the same decision soon, thanks for this thread.

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    They are not cheap but with helmets you get what you pay for and head protection is a place i refuse to skimp on.
    Exactly. Also I look for ECE certification, DOT is not enough for me.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links