A RANT, Anyone notice this?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: A RANT, Anyone notice this?

A RANT, Anyone notice this?

OK, So it was suggested that I go to RockymountainATV.com for needed parts and accessories.

Went there and signed up and spent a small fortune buying new parts for 2 TWs.

It was a good thing I came here first and got good recommendations from our respected members about what I wanted and the correct sizes.

Rockymtn has a section where you can add your machines to your garage so when you shop you can shop for parts that fit the bike you are buying for. How cool is that?

Too bad when you go to insert your TW 200 under Yamaha there is no listing for the TW 200. My garage at Rockymtn. remains empty yet my garage here is strewn with TWs and all sorts of parts needing replacements.

One might think that a company this large that sells a lot of parts at reasonable prices would have a drop down menu that includes our bikes. Gee, the TW has only been around for some 27 freaking years and virtually unchanged in all that time and we can't list our machines in our garage there. I am rarely one to be short on words so I did drop them a short a sweet hint that they might want to add the TW to their listings so we can do TW specific searching. Simple stuff like if you need a chain and sprocket kit it is good to know you need a #428 chain with 122 links when you have stock 14/50 sprockets. Also good to know what inner tubes will fit the stock Bridgestone rear tire. I actually called and asked before I placed my tire order and the gal said they don't carry a tube that fits that tire. Then I came here and was told they do in fact carry that size tube and sure enough it is right there.

Maybe Rockymtn needs to hear from a few more forum members complaining about why after 27 years of production there is no way to add our TWs to their line up. BTW, is there any other motorcycle in this world that has enjoyed a 27 year run on production?

Rant Done, Carry on.

GaryL
    maddawgj and williamemack like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

How is their shipping times? Partzilla has great prices but my last order took 3 weeks and it wasn't even back ordered. Plus their customer support is usually non-existent and totally confused when they do answer. Grrr.

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    I've noticed that too Gary, but they are a great company with good prices so I do suffer through it. You can select TW when searching for OEM parts, just not other parts. I do like the idea of emailing them to get it fixed, it would make our lives easier and move them up on my list of part places. (I always try to use the "boutique" guys like ProCycle first).

TDubbers unite! [email protected]
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fishguy View Post
    How is their shipping times? Partzilla has great prices but my last order took 3 weeks and it wasn't even back ordered. Plus their customer support is usually non-existent and totally confused when they do answer. Grrr.
    I ordered some OEM parts and some tools from Rocky Mountain recently and their shipping times were excellent on everything i ordered. One thing i do like on their site for OEM parts is they list if they have the part in stock or not. The parts i ordered were listed as in stock and came within days. I also ordered some OEM parts from Stadium Yamaha and it took weeks to get them with no status in email or on the phone until one day they just arrived. Rocky MTN was a little more money for those parts i got from Stadium but in hindsight the few extra dollars i would have spent with Rocky MTN might be worth it if i needed the stuff quick.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Sometimes things aren't as they seem GaryL.
    You might have to click on the pic to see details.
    Rocky Mt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tirebiter View Post
    Sometimes things aren't as they seem GaryL.
    You might have to click on the pic to see details.
    Rocky Mt.jpg
    Yeah, That only works if you go to the OEM section. All the other sections like accessories, tires, chains and such don't allow us to look for TW 200 stuff.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Meanwhile, while I am on a shopping spree I happen across this very nice parts supplier and it is worth looking at. HJC Helmets, Gaerne, Wiseco, Dunlop, Thor LYTLE RACING GROUP TEMPE, AZ 480-966-9595.

For under $100 I got a DID X ring 122 link chain and front and rear 14/50 sprockets and he had the right master links as extras plus he had the good heavy duty inner tubes for all my new tires at the same or better prices I found elsewhere. Real easy to work with and very knowledgeable on the phone, 877-431-8100.

If you don't hear from me for a while it's just because my wife has me in a box after all this shopping! Like I always say, "It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get Permission"!

Go check this place out and tell him I sent you.

GaryL
    Fred likes this.

So, this is interesting. I decided to do a quick price comparison. I looked up a new TW200 piston (1995 model) on 5 online stores. Here ya go:

Partzilla 44.65
    Cheap Cycle Parts 53.28
    Yamaha Parts House 53.28
    Rocky Mountain ATV 62.04
    Lytle Racing Group 72.99

Like I say Partzilla is usually the cheapest – once you finally get your order.

Never used them. I use Procycle for TW specific &/or Cheap Cycle Parts or Ron Ayers for OEM parts for my bikes.
    -Bill

Kawi ZRX1200
    Yamaha TW Two Hundirt

Quote Originally Posted by billmags View Post
    Never used them. I use Procycle for TW specific &/or Cheap Cycle Parts or Ron Ayers for OEM parts for my bikes.
    +1...on ron ayers but i have used rocky mountain atv before...and i haven't used pro cycle yet but they have their stuff together over there and i like how the site is organized so it's a really good "go-to" site for aftermarket parts so you don't have to wonder if they will fit or not...for gear i would look at motorcyclecloseouts.com or motorcyclegear.com
    Last edited by Point37; 02-07-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links