TW Wheelies?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: TW Wheelies?

TW Wheelies?

Can you loft front wheel?Can't say I've ever wheelied my TW, but never tried very hard. Fear futility and clutch abuse.
    Bought her new in 03 , California model , stock jetting, figured it was futile with 200cc, almost 300 lbs and over 5000 ft elevations. Figured she was average TW,13 hp.

Now I read here about you folks wheeling here and there and wonder if my TWMistress is a little underpowered or I am a little underskilled. I'ld like to pop wheel over surprise trail obstacles , ledges and logs at will without bunnyhopping but always figured my girl would never have enough torque. My off road gearing should help abit. 13tooth/55tooth and 27"atv tire vs. stock 14/50 and 26" tire yeilds an approximate net 14 percent increase in final drive ratio (14 percent lower gearing). Swingarm length is stock. I think it should wheelie if could get a little crisper trottle response. What do you think? What am I missing other than a Mikuni TM28-1 and/ or more agressive clutch technique? Plug inspection shows appropriate tan color, not too rich nor lean.

Been looking for Mikuni flat side pumper carb as solution but can't seem to locate one in US.

Without carb and gearing changes your only hope for raising the front wheel is using the clutch or really loading up the front forks and yanking it up. With your gearing you should have no problem getting the wheel up in first gear with a little technique.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Technique
    Greg

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Wheelie a TW?? Kids nowadays lol. I like mine planted on two, just poking down the road taking it all in. After retirement you realize you have to slow down to enjoy what you missed being in a hurry along the way.

Hey, I'm not trying to be wild, just want to make sure I' m not missing out on TW's capability to safely get me there and back by being able climb over stuff slowly in control rather than hitting at speed to bounce wheel over. I thought maybe mine was underpowered relative to average TW. Never really dissapointed with performance of bike
    fandango likes this.

Mine as you all no is a 125, I can wheely it but to be quet frank I'm asking the bike to do something it's not happy doing.

With the bike rolling at 5mph, clutch in, full revs and dump the clutch will lift the front easy enough to lift the front wheel in to a wheely. But as stated it's not happy doing it and it's too much abuse so I don't do it.

Now my k1 gsxr1000 would wheely at 140mph in third with me stood up? but that is not realy relivent
    Fred likes this.
    View my build/off road riding here with lots of pics and vids Hidden Content

Uk TW/ Suzuki LTZ250 off road rider only

Flat out or back out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Hey, I'm not trying to be wild, just want to make sure I' m not missing out on TW's capability to safely get me there and back by being able climb over stuff slowly in control rather than hitting at speed to bounce wheel over. I thought maybe mine was underpowered relative to average TW. Never really dissapointed with performance of bike
    i understand your post,it's like driving a trials bike. thoes guys climb over everything at low speed ,poping a wheely is standard procedure for obstacles and turning in close quarters.thoes are specialty bikes but some of their techniques can be addaped to ourbikes.
    Fred likes this.

Here are a couple wheelie video's on a TW. This fella use to be a TW forum member. He got in a bad accident a couple of years ago, and when he recovered, he moved to a different bike. ...But he did show us that wheelies on a TW can be done.

I've done some accidental wheelies, but never really try it on purpose. I think gregor says it about right.

Fred and ~LARGO~ like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Oops! 205'd by the Admiral

Sorry to here 5he wheelie guy got in a bad accident. Anyone know what bike he has now?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links