Newbie Nutshell Introduction and Confessional
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Newbie Nutshell Introduction and Confessional

Newbie Nutshell Introduction and Confessional

Hi all,
    I looked for the Confessional page here on this forum, but I could not find that topic.
    This post will have to suffice for such, as the guilt I have felt for the past, say, last
    hour or so, has consumed me to the extent I felt I needed to come here at this late hour,
    and tell the world my guilty story.
    I found this great forum, I liked what I had read. I needed to have a TW200 as a result.
    I had been riding a Harley, BMW, Honda Shadow, Honda Shadow Sabre, through the
    50 years or so, I thought it was now time to slow down a little and literally smell the pine
    trees, the sage brush, the spring flowers, the road less taken, as I would be passing soon
    into my 72nd year. I wanted to reconnect with that which I had missed for so long.
    I wanted to ride the trails my elder brother had ridden years before, the roads my Dad
    had ridden in his Dad's horse drawn wood freight wagon, high above the city of Boise, Idaho.
    Finding and buying my first TW gave me this opportunity.
    Cutting to the chase: When I first I filled out the necessary pages to start on this forum,
    I screwed up. Things didn't seem right as time passed. I couldn't find things I wanted to,
    for some reason.
    I went back through the pages of necessary "stuff" I had filled in, checking here and there, but I had
    apparently failed when I had entered my email address incorrectly! I must have been really
    tired when I had first entered it. I had typed individual parts of two email addresses I have, down inadvertently.
    Crap. Busted. I did it. Fessing up is hard to do sometimes, but I feel that I can now feel
    I did try do the right thing, resulting in finding my error. Maybe that will make the difference...
    This post was supposed to be "in nutshell." It has turned out to be a large nutshell, a coconut nut shell...
    I will try to do better. Have a good night/day.

Gary
    Last edited by ~LARGO~; 02-10-2014 at 03:54 AM.
    maddawgj, dette and williamemack like this.

rbm
    Hello and welcome!
    ~LARGO~ likes this.

It's OK Gary. Being a Gary myself and a late night writer I completely understand. I can usually blame my mistakes on Jose Cuervo and/or Labatt's Blue.

Now that you have come clean, why not tell us about your TW and the adventures you have taken.

Pictures, we love pictures here so quit fessing and get to showing some of the beautiful country out in Idaho and all the great places the TW has taken you.

Welcome to the forum and there are only a few here who need a 12 step program.

GaryL
    maddawgj, littletommy and ~LARGO~ like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Mel
    Welcome Gary. You have to watch out for this forum, as it has been know to accuse some of us as being old farts, the age of dirt, etc. HaHa!!! If your skin has grown as thick as mine during maturity, it doesn't bother me at.
    Join in, ask your questions, enjoy the reads and pictures that are posted, have fun with us.
    Mel
    littletommy and ~LARGO~ like this.

Welcome to the forum Gary!

Let's see some pictures of your bike and tell us of the mods that you plan to make.

Brian
    ~LARGO~ likes this.

Thanks for the welcome!

Thank you for the welcome!

Starting new on any forum is always different. I do have photos I have taken of some simple work I have done my tw, I have made a few posts, as you will see. One important post I made, that I can't find now, has to do with battery acid corrosion on my neutral light bullet connection, located at rear, behind the the fuel tank, under the seat, in front of the battery. There areas of this forum it may have been relegated to, so I may have not found it yet. I don't think I put anything in the post that should be found objectionable. If there was please let me know in detail, so we are all on the same page, at this outset.

My time very often is rarely my own, with household health issues, not mine necessarily, as all may know if you hang around long enough. So bear with me, as I find my way through this forum, with all of your great help!

Thanks! Gary
    dette likes this.

If you click on your name and your profile you should be able to see all the discussion you are subscribed to.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Hi all,
    My computer got malware somewhere, so the past few days, all I have had to work with is a Samsung Tablet (new at Christmas time from my kids...) It is pretty cool, but doesn't have really friendly ways to post photos. I did get my computer back late this afternoon, this is the first place I came to report in.

I spent my 72 birthday today, putting out fires figuratively, one of which was on my wife's car, a '05Toyota Camry that had symptoms of accelerating without warning, all surprisingly occurring right after I had the front brake pads replaced at a local brake shop. I have an appointment to have the car checked on, this coming Monday. Didn't think it would happen to me, but something caused it to speed up in reverse, whereby the footbrakes applied hard, handbrake hard as well didn't seem to help either, so I had to put the car into park finally, ending the odd episode... No one hurt, but surely could have.
    I had visions of being knocked down and part of me being run over, but it didn't happen.
    Got to go..
    Hope everyone had a good, safe day! I just patted my TW as I arrived home, and that has to be good for now.

Gary
    Fred likes this.

Happy Birthday Gary!
    ~LARGO~ likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

That's funny Largo...I thought I was the only one who patted the TW
    ~LARGO~ likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links