Northeast Trailways Roundup !!! "NTR"
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Northeast Trailways Roundup !!! "NTR"

Northeast Trailways Roundup !!! "NTR"

If we would like to have a Northeast Trailways Roundup or "NTR" I would like to start polling the group for interest and dates. I have what I see as a perfect location. I have 550 acres in southeastern New York State. Close to the intersection of State route 84 and State route 17 in Forestburgh NY. (google Forestburgh ,NY) Having the event on my property eliminates camping fees, rules etc. On the property there are two cabins that can accommodate 10+ persons each, full kitchen, bunks, flush toilets, hot showers etc. Then of course there is camping. There is a beautiful pond on the property, good fishing and there is a canoe or two on site. there is also a shooting range on site.
    Maybe June ? What would we like to have for activities? Envision a fantastic TW roundup, describe it to me and we will do it ! Now is the time to chime in! We can make this into whatever we want !
    I see a Fri. nite welcome Bonfire, rides on local backroad loops lead by local riders. Off road forays on our property (legal trail riding). A pot luck dinner on Sat. nite. Maybe a raffle ? A swap meet ? A quick tune up workshop ? I am also thinking of possibly organizing a Poker run.
    The facility we have here is pretty much perfect for this type of activity. I would plan for as many or as few participants as would attend. I can see this as a major draw for the northeast. I know no one likes to commit but by starting early (now) we have a shot at a really great event ! C'mon guys ! lets not just talk about it, lets DO it !
    Last edited by gregor; 02-10-2014 at 09:29 AM.
    Greg

Wonderful idea Greg. Would love to make it, but live on the pacific side of the country. Sounds like a very good time and I hope many will go.

as long as its my weekend off, I'd be up for it. I would help out with whatever kind of cooking we do.
    2005 Tdub

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

If my friend lands a tw by then and I'm off I might seriously consider. Coming from phila I'm not sure how far it is.

it would be a three hour ride from long island, probably around the same from philly
    Hidden Content

2007 T'dub

Cyclerack/Dual Northern Tool Boxes/AVG Miglia Helmet/Infamous Tubes/Fanny Pack/ATV Tank bag

We should combine these threads. https://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-o...ralley-ne.html

Both are for the same ride I think.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I would be up for that! Im 4 hours away in South Jersey. I have week ends off...would be perfect if we could make it friday,saturday and sunday
    2013 TW200 Ims super stock pegs,zeta pro bend xc hand-guards,manrack,zeta muffs,Gerbing ultra light heated gloves

Gregor, Your hospitality is most appreciated.

As a city slicker Ive never been camping and have no camping gear. Offering up the bunkhouse eliminates all that.

Id be interested in coming up +1. Please keep us updated on dates, Only thing I see going on in June is Americade (1st weekend).

Thanks again for offering up your place.
    2002 TW200

2003 TW200

2002 Mean Streak

2002 Speed Four

2006 FZ6

1999 Jog

I'm in for this, if all goes well. Sounds great!

It would be cool if some of us coming up from the south would meet up on Friday morning somewhere and share the journey northward. I'm certainly not going up on the thruway. What say ye?
    FootDoc likes this.
    -Bill

Kawi ZRX1200
    Yamaha TW Two Hundirt

Quote Originally Posted by billmags View Post
    I'm in for this, if all goes well. Sounds great!

It would be cool if some of us coming up from the south would meet up on Friday morning somewhere and share the journey northward. I'm certainly not going up on the thruway. What say ye?
    I certainly would not want to drive the Thruway either. Rt. 17 from Monroe west is no bargain either, we call it the Jewish 500 on Fridays in the summer with all the camper running from the city. You might want to consider going through Harriman and then I think it is 17A through Warwick, Pine Island and over to Port Jervis and Rt. 42. Gregor's camp is right on Rt 42 in Forestburgh.

GaryL
    billmags likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links