Simple rack,tailbag and lights
Close

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Fred

Thread: Simple rack,tailbag and lights

Simple rack,tailbag and lights

image.jpgMany years ago before aware of forum I cobbed up a few prototype ideas for rear of TW with goal of a little storage, a grab/tow bar and short lenght to fit in Toyota camper shell. Nothing better, just different. To quote lizbrth and others here my mods were to suit my style and I offer these crude renditions only for your entertainment. My bike is a day-play off road toy and I wanted it as narrow as possible to avoid snagging stuff including me during an ejection sequence.

Grab bar is 2 ft of 7/16" bar stock bent in vise to extend subframe, bag is Cabella tackle bag foam lined to act as cooler in summer mounted to aluminum plate coutesy of Idaho Dept. of Transportation (road sign) and tied into grab/tow bar. Compact turn signals got truck LED clearance light inserted 8 years ago from Napa after vibration death of original bulbs. Front turn signals are similar w/o LEDs. Stop light and license assembly homemade since couldn't source aftermarket TW mods back then, besides I like the really bright lights and soft rubbery flexible license mount avoids injury in dismount. What looks like it should be The Tool Tube is just a big wrapped-up can of flat fix hose-clamped to subframe since I never learned to fix a TW flat in the field.

At the time before seeing some of your ideas I thought my bag was massive.Hah! It is big enough to carry a six-pack or mix of frozen juices/water to melt during day and always give me cold beverage available . Side pockets have rain coat and pants today, deleted in hot weather. Front pocket has emergency stuff, CO2, pressure guage, tow rope, meds, eye solutions, bandages,T.P. , license, insurance, registration, gas $, all the stuff I never need untill day I leave it home. Rear pocket is where cell, gps, camera live and sometimes die. Three adjustable straps cinch everthing down and allow addition of some extra gear on outside. It has been amazingly sturdy over years of abuse and allows bike rather than back-pack to carry lumpy stuff ( I once broke rib landing on Oregon GPS in vest pocket , wish GPS had broken, not me).

Maybe some of this may inspire you to create, or just make you laugh. Come ride with me and we can all laugh together and I'll still offer you a cold one on top of the mountain. Happy Trails.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fred; 02-11-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Road sign? Hope you can outrun them...lol.

Well I think it's all damn creative and I like it! I especially like that it will carry a six pack up a hill for you.
    2015 Yamaha Bolt
    Coming Soon...TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, Dette, supose constitutes unauthorized diversion of state resources , even if sign salvaged from flood debris. Thus the mangled license plate, allows me to hide from long arm of law. Actually an old water hauling gooseneck trailer for TW chewed up plate on steep downhill.

Why thank you folks. A cold beverage miles from home is a real treat come summertime. Flexible bag and modular insulation permits a great variety of load-outs, rarely same twice. Here is pic of front turn signals which have a nice tucked-in look. Rest of bike looks rode hard and put away wet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sponosred Links