What's the Worst Damage You Did to Your TW?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: What's the Worst Damage You Did to Your TW?

What's the Worst Damage You Did to Your TW?

Hi Everyone, I was wondering what the worst damage that you've done to your TW, either in a crash or maybe a ooops moment when turning wrenches. When you let someone else drive it? What's the worst you've done to yourself! So far my damage has been a bent rear brake pedal from a rock hidden in the tall grass, easily straightened when I got home. I know there has to be better stories out there than that!
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

I broke off the ball end tip of my clutch lever a couple years ago. Not very exciting..I know, but thats it.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Last fall I noticed that the backed end of my bike under the rear fender and back Pelican box seemed very lose and drooping. When I checked it out I found that the sub-frame was broken off. It was only being supported by the rear fender. There was one missing bolt as well as some fractures. Since I tend to ride a bit aggressively in the back country I figured that I had shaken a bolt loose and that created extra flex and fractured the sub-frame.

I pulled everything off including the seat, fender and signal lights and set about realigning the sub-frame. Once I got it squared up and aligned, I clamped it securely and welded it back on in such a way that it has better support than from the factory. I reattached all the pieces parts and it looked all nice and square.

The last ride before the snow flew was with the Admiral. We did 76 miles on the back side of the Boise front. When I got home I checked out the repair job and it seem like it was going to work out. Sure nice to have a heated shop, the tools for the job and the experience to figure it out.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise
    admiral, Fred, fishguy and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Pretzeled footpeg and it's frame mounting tab by high speed rock collision. "Officer, that rock hit me, not my fault"
    Exhuast valve adj. nut backed off at high rpm and amazingly no appearant damage. Woulda thought engine shouldn't have even ran w/ closed valve.

Good thread,Scotti, always curious just how tuff our little mules are. Mine has been very forgiving of my abuse so far.

Gave my '95 TW to a 15 year old son. List of damage? You don't want to know.

And, yes, they will run with a non-operating exhaust valve. I don't know how, either, but mine did too.
    Fred likes this.

The '01 I built café racer style with a pirate theme. Collected all the parts including custom rearsets, drag bars, and solo seat, built it start to finish, went online to add to policy, rode to county courthouse to buy a tag, and some drunk old farmer ran over it with the dual wheels on a big red tractor right in front of the courthouse. Wasn't much left. He got a couple cars, too, including one judge's brand new Porsche.

Fred and plumbstraight like this.

Ouch! Not fair qwerty. I always wish someone else to give my rigs their first scratch so I can feel guilt free but to have new bike totaled is just terrible!
    I hope you got a decent settlement to partially offset loss of your pirate. Any pics of pirate, dead or alive?
    Hey, isn't supposed to be about damage you did? You must take good care of your toys.

No insurance required on tractors. Farm was LLC, so no settlement. Slime doesn't work when a .30cal JBT goes through both sidewalls of a tractor tire. Keeping the co-op tire truck busy. QWERTY don't tolerate drunks or the losses they heap upon others.

rurlndum likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    The '01 I built café racer style with a pirate theme. Collected all the parts including custom rearsets, drag bars, and solo seat, built it start to finish, went online to add to policy, rode to county courthouse to buy a tag, and some drunk old farmer ran over it with the dual wheels on a big red tractor right in front of the courthouse. Wasn't much left. He got a couple cars, too, including one judge's brand new Porsche.
    Priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by fishguy View Post
    Priceless!
    Not if it was your just-finished custom bike.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links