Hand lever savers
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hand lever savers

winters in Sudbury, MA, summer on Squam Lake, NH

Hand lever savers

I would like a set of minimalist hand lever savers. No need, at this time, for plastic wind deflectors, just the metal bar to protect the levers from braking. I suppose it would be preferable to have the possibility of adding the plastic later if I found it helpful. Suggestions?

Thanks, Will
    I sell TW200 stickers for $2.00ea. delivered. See Hidden Content for details. Hidden Content

2014 TW, DMO pegs, Yamaha rack, Doubletake mirrors, Jimbo shield, extended pilot screw, Snapback clock, Ebay risers, Seat Concepts, o-ring chain, Ricochet skidplate, brake leash, IMS folding shift lever, ProCycle tool tube, 130 main jet and two shims, route sheet holder, compass, temp/humidity
    indicator.

Tusk Aluminum Handguards | Dirt Bike | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

We use these with the plastic deflectors. You can buy just this part.

I just put these on my 2013 tdub with stock bars. Nothing needs to be modified! Solid hardware and you can add the plastic deflectors later on if you decide to. Their is threaded holes under the zeta decal to add the deflectors if you want.
    Zeta Armor Pro Bend Hand Guards | Dirt Bike | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Last edited by Holdnon72; 02-18-2014 at 12:04 PM.
    Fred likes this.
    2013 TW200 Ims super stock pegs,zeta pro bend xc hand-guards,manrack,zeta muffs,Gerbing ultra light heated gloves

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I like the looks of the Zeta's that Holdon posted - and the fact that no modifications are required.

However, the Tusk D-Flex that Rhodetrip mentions are cheaper. I have 3 versions on my 3 bikes. One with just the aluminum bar, one with the additional standard plastic handguards, and one with the standard plastic handguards and the even wider spoiler that goes over them. I have to do a little bending and add a couple washers to get the D-flex to fit but I keep buying them.

winters in Sudbury, MA, summer on Squam Lake, NH
    Can anyone tell my the reason some of these bars are bent (wavy) towards the outer end as in Holdnon's picture ?
    I sell TW200 stickers for $2.00ea. delivered. See Hidden Content for details. Hidden Content

2014 TW, DMO pegs, Yamaha rack, Doubletake mirrors, Jimbo shield, extended pilot screw, Snapback clock, Ebay risers, Seat Concepts, o-ring chain, Ricochet skidplate, brake leash, IMS folding shift lever, ProCycle tool tube, 130 main jet and two shims, route sheet holder, compass, temp/humidity
    indicator.

Lower Hudson River Valley of The Communist State of N.Y.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamemack View Post
    Can anyone tell my the reason some of these bars are bent (wavy) towards the outer end as in Holdnon's picture ?
    My guess is that it may alleviate clearance issues between the end of the lever and the guard. On other ones, I have had to grind off a bit of the end of the lever to get them to fit. Rubber side down, Dave

Thats correct it gives more clearance for your levers and also more room for your hand while wearing larger gloves.
    The zeta website states that the bend is for more control
    2013 TW200 Ims super stock pegs,zeta pro bend xc hand-guards,manrack,zeta muffs,Gerbing ultra light heated gloves

Twisted Throttle LTD is the US distributor for the original Bark Busters (I've been using them since the mid 80's) You can buy pieces to suit your fancy. The Bark Buster website has a fitment PDF listing choices for the TW200. I didn't compare prices to the other suggestions, but these are the originals. The name became generic over time, like Kleenex. I can't speak for any other brand, because I haven't used them, but you can smack the tar out of Bark Busters. Nail a tree and you will still have fingers. Beware of cheap ones. They are sort of like seat belts on equipment without ROPS...more of a hazard than a safety item. If you smack hard on a cheap guard, you may well have a blade coming at your fingers.
    williamemack likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

But without the plastic "wind" deflectors, how do you keep the cholla spines out of your fingers. Maybe you have wider trails or less fearsome vegetation. Cheers and my suggestion is go for the package. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by peruano View Post
    But without the plastic "wind" deflectors, how do you keep the cholla spines out of your fingers. Maybe you have wider trails or less fearsome vegetation. Cheers and my suggestion is go for the package. Tom
    Cause the D*** weather man froze our Cholla's off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links