More ccs on the T-dub
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By plumbstraight

Thread: More ccs on the T-dub

Exclamation More ccs on the T-dub

Hey guys,
    Here's one,just about how many cases of success have there been in fixing bigger engines on your t-dubs?I've been floating the idea, but I kynda freak out at the thought of it not working.....

If you need to outrun lions, get a faster bike. These little bikes are great for anything but speed.
    MTLHead likes this.

Among other things, you will have to account for the countershaft issue. Engine swap: xt250 - Yamaha TW200 Trailway Discussion Forum
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Tdub2 is 267cc and peak torque is almost double stock, with significantly more area under the curve. Better have a fat wallet. The EFI alone was almost $900.

Displacement alone won't make much difference as the air flow limits of a mild cam and small carb choke the stock displacement. If you have a few hundred dollars to spend, a mild cam and matching springs will provide the most bang for the bolt-in buck. Follow that up with a bigger carb and custom airbox with a free-flowing filter (low buck trick would be a TT-R 230 carb) and you'll notice a big difference in power without much compromise in efficiency or durability. Aftermarket exhaust will tend to add peak power, but at some cost of low/midrange and torque curve width, which can be a problem with the wide ratios of the top gears of stock transmission. Exhaust would be the last thing I'd change if I wanted more power--the stocker is actually pretty good, other than being heavy.

Sponosred Links