Motion Pro Trail Bead Buddy, great little tool.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Motion Pro Trail Bead Buddy, great little tool.

Motion Pro Trail Bead Buddy, great little tool.

I will be the first to admit that i'm a toolaholic. I have have a garage full of them ranging from basic woodworking tools all the way to a Bridgeport milling machine. I appreciate any tool that makes an otherwise arduous task easier so any time i have a chance to buy a new tool it ends up in my collection. How i didn't know this tool existed and did not already own one is beyond me.

When it comes to motorcycles if there is one maintenance task i dislike its changing tires. On my Ducati i just let the dealer do it since tubeless super low profile tires are a royal PITA. Anything with a tube i tend to do myself since i cant justify the 50 bucks most of the places around here want if you bring them a tire and wheel. Normally changing these involves some level of frustration on my part.

So today i mounted up my new Shinko 244 on my new to me TW. I have mounted a lot of tires in the past and i now find myself wondering where this little magical tool has been all my life. It is such a simple little tool and what it does is forces the tire down so that the bead sits in the low part of of the rim. No more having to use your knees or elbows to push down on the tire as you try to work it on or off the rim. It makes the tire go on and off so much easier than any i have ever mounted without one. Such a simple tool but super effective. Took me all of about 25 min to fully change the tire with no drama at all, went on super easy. Its tiny too so it will be going in my road kit. If you change your own tires i cant recommend this little tool enough.

Here is what the tool looks like for those that have never seen one.
    08-0388.jpg
    r80rt and 66roadkill66 like this.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Seems like a nice little tool.

Motion-Pro has updated that tool and the new one is even easier to use.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That would be a good tool to have in the kit! My knees can't take it anymore! Those RimShield II's look awesome also and Amazon has them both!
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!

2005 BMWR12GS Rock Red 106k miles
    2013 TW200 - 8k- miles
    2018 X-MAX - 6k- miles

I ordered both the bead buddy2 and rimshield2 yesterday. I have new tires and tubes to install on both Dubs and will need all the help I can get.

Thanks for posting these gadgets.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Well of course I need one. Nope, I'm not a toolaholic (let's see...mig, tig, plasma cutter, tube bender, lathe/milling machine, enerpac press, double rolling chest, full wood working shop with shaper, planer, uni-saw...) Nope, I'm not a toolaholic, I can set down a tool any time, I can walk away. I could not use tools for the rest of my life.... Sheeze, where is the nearest TA group?
    plumbstraight likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I ordered both the bead buddy2 and rimshield2 yesterday. I have new tires and tubes to install on both Dubs and will need all the help I can get.

Thanks for posting these gadgets.

GaryL
    Hi Gary,

Please let us know how the Bead Buddy works on the rear rim. I have heard conflicting reports about whether it will work on the rear.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by old white truck View Post
    Hi Gary,

Please let us know how the Bead Buddy works on the rear rim. I have heard conflicting reports about whether it will work on the rear.

Thanks
    Never short on words, you can be sure I will post my findings. I won't be surprised if it does not work particularly well on the rear rim. They are after all FAT!

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Well of course I need one. Nope, I'm not a toolaholic (let's see...mig, tig, plasma cutter, tube bender, lathe/milling machine, enerpac press, double rolling chest, full wood working shop with shaper, planer, uni-saw...) Nope, I'm not a toolaholic, I can set down a tool any time, I can walk away. I could not use tools for the rest of my life.... Sheeze, where is the nearest TA group?
    Sounds like you and I need to go to a therapy group lol. Now though it is time to let some of it go. I have been selling off some of it. Will keep enough to do the tinkering we like, but I have so much that it has become a tool hoarders dream.
    If anyone close would like to check for anything they might like send me a pm. Just a small list besides hand tools, mill and a lath, two pickups, two small lake boats with motors an F700 with 6500 original miles with all steel bed new with 14ton hoist. I retired so I need to get rid of this stuff so I won't be stuck fixing others problems and can be free to roam.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    Sounds like you and I need to go to a therapy group lol. Now though it is time to let some of it go. I have been selling off some of it. Will keep enough to do the tinkering we like, but I have so much that it has become a tool hoarders dream.
    If anyone close would like to check for anything they might like send me a pm. Just a small list besides hand tools, mill and a lath, two pickups, two small lake boats with motors an F700 with 6500 original miles with all steel bed new with 14ton hoist. I retired so I need to get rid of this stuff so I won't be stuck fixing others problems and can be free to roam.
    Good luck Plumbstraight! I keep saying and preaching about lightening the load and every day I have more parts arriving. It is an addiction and I take full responsibility. Toys R us and the one who dies with the most wins.

GaryL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links