Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Which TW200 would you buy?

Which TW200 would you buy?

There are 2 for sale near my area.
    1991 with 1438km on it. asking $3200
    2006 with 14500km on it asking $3000

Comparing the write ups on the 2 it sounds like the older bike is better cosmetically. I have't contacted either owner yet. Without talking to the owners I don't know if perhaps the 1991 has been sitting around with old gas. The write up sounds like the 2006 has all pavement kms.

Thanks for any advice.
    Gerry

Sorry Badger, but they both seem seriously overpriced to me. In my opinion (at least here in California), $1,200 would be about tops for a '91, and maybe $2,000 for an '06, both depending upon their condition.

Thanks for the reply TW-Brian.

Unfortunately I'm in Canada and most everything is more expensive here. I would look into importing one from Washington State or even Oregon but I live up the coast in BC and logistically it is very difficult to travel across the border, check out a bike, hoping it hasn't sold in the meantime. Making an offer and then going through all the hoops at customs.

Gerry
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I understand. Good luck with your search.

Gerry, I do realize that things are a bit different in Canada, but I agree, way over priced. I just paid 2900 for a 2011 with 63 original miles. I actually thought I might have over paid. There is a dealer in Ohio who sells them out the door (2014) for 4200.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    I'd lean towards the '91 due to the miles, but it would be best to check both out. Bonus points use the price of the newer one to justify a lower offer on the '91. Good luck.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

That seems really high...I bought a 2013 left over for $3,720
    Look on Motorcycles - Scooters, Dirt Bikes, Choppers, Sport Bikes, and Other Motorcycles for Sale - Cycle Trader.com
    2013 TW200 Ims super stock pegs,zeta pro bend xc hand-guards,manrack,zeta muffs,Gerbing ultra light heated gloves

I wouldn't be too worried about the newer one with higher miles if it was maintained correctly. I would check both out and see what condition they are in. Maybe test drive them and see if one stands out as a better ride. There can be a big difference between a bike with low miles that has sat for years acquiring condensation in the tank and crankcase vs a bike that has been ridden regularly and has been taken care of. Don't be afraid to offer a bit less depending on what you find seeing them in person. Look at the chain, sprockets, tires, rust in the tank etc... when negotiating price. Just my 2 cents.
    Fred likes this.

Wow Badger! I am very partial to the 91 TW because I have one with just 800 miles and in showroom condition. I doubt very seriously that I could sell it for $3200 and I have over $1500 in new parts and add on accessories on it. Heck, I can buy a brand new one right now for around $800 more.

The 91 will have a kicker and the 2006 won't but it will have a disc brake up front.

You asked which one should you buy and my answer has to be neither, keep looking for one from an owner who is not out of his mind or a bit closer to earth.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

My first instinct is to wait for the 2014 to be delivered to my local dealer but the price is $4999 plus $300 pdi plus 12% tax.
    Total just under $6000.

Gerry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links