Hello newbie from Fort Lauderdale
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Hello newbie from Fort Lauderdale

Hello newbie from Fort Lauderdale

Hello everyone. By introduction my name is Scott and I live in a suburb of Ft. Lauderdale. I'm considering buying a TW200 and will have my first opportunity to sit on one today. In my area they are hard to find as the dealer don't seem to stock them (or maybe keep them in stock). A dealer just got in 2 14's so I'm on may way today. I'm, 49 and have had a motorcycle license since high school when I rode a Suzuki 450 cruiser. Recently bought and quickly sold a Honda Ruckus scooter. Too slow for the road. Was always interested in Harleys and Triumph Bonnevilles. Test rode them both, the 1200 Sportster and Bonnie this week and really did not like the heavyness, maybe even the power. Been searching for months and feel the TW200 might be a perfect fit. I have no intention of hitting the highway but will use it for short trips around town and some hour long back road trips. If I could find some dirt around here that would be great too but after seeing the motocross near my house thats no place for me. Just think the TW might be a nice all around cruiser. Love the looks of the low bike with fat tires to support my 5'9" 250 pound body. Well just wanted to say hello and if you have any thoughts please share.
    Scott
    Fred and Hoot Gibson like this.

Welcome to the forum Scott!

Sounds to me that a TW is just what you need. Let us know what your initial impressions are.

Brian
    Fred likes this.

Welcome Scott. You will really enjoy a Tw and very easy to maintain. Take some pics of your new bike and share them with us.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

hello and welcome to the forum, I got my tw in oct of last year(just after I turned 49) very glad I did, have not regretted it for a second. If you get one let us know and we like pictures too. My thoughts are I want 2 more of them, I got a 87(had I checked the forum before hand I would have got a later one) but oh well, I have had no problems with it so far and I have put 725 miles on it, I have had a lot of fun modifying and riding it. It is the best bike in my opinion bar none. here is a pic of what mine looks like now.20140223_123515.jpg
    Last edited by 66roadkill66; 02-25-2014 at 08:58 AM.
    Joemama and Fred like this.
    87tw,08 klr650,00dr200,76tl250,73cl175 scrambler,75tl250,76tl125,1960 cushman trailster,

Make a few friends over here and they will help you locate places to trail ride near you. Home | Florida Trail Riders

Resource: Where to Ride / Off Highway Vehicles (OHV) / Recreation / Florida Forest Service / Divisions & Offices / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

I will look forward to hearing what you thought of the TW once you sat/test rode one.
    Fred likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by SFL101 View Post
    Hello everyone. By introduction my name is Scott and I live in a suburb of Ft. Lauderdale. I'm considering buying a TW200 and will have my first opportunity to sit on one today. In my area they are hard to find as the dealer don't seem to stock them (or maybe keep them in stock). A dealer just got in 2 14's so I'm on may way today. I'm, 49 and have had a motorcycle license since high school when I rode a Suzuki 450 cruiser. Recently bought and quickly sold a Honda Ruckus scooter. Too slow for the road. Was always interested in Harleys and Triumph Bonnevilles. Test rode them both, the 1200 Sportster and Bonnie this week and really did not like the heavyness, maybe even the power. Been searching for months and feel the TW200 might be a perfect fit. I have no intention of hitting the highway but will use it for short trips around town and some hour long back road trips. If I could find some dirt around here that would be great too but after seeing the motocross near my house thats no place for me. Just think the TW might be a nice all around cruiser. Love the looks of the low bike with fat tires to support my 5'9" 250 pound body. Well just wanted to say hello and if you have any thoughts please share.
    Scott
    Three years ago I bought a 2009 TW200, after a year I sold it and got a 2012 Bonneville. In Jan I sold it and bought a 2012 TW200. I really liked the Triumph but found that my riding habits were more suited to the t-dub; short rides, errands to town, light trails. My wife has one as well and we really like riding togeather.
    Hope this helps.
    Mel, Fred and Hoot Gibson like this.

Mel
    These TW's are kind of like fishhooks. Once they get under your skin they are really difficult to get rid of. Enjoy.
    Mel
    TW-Brian, naluboy and Fred like this.

Not much dirt in our neck of the sand woods but the Dub will make you a fine city and A1A putter. Also for a nice time head down to the Keys and take it slow.
    Fred likes this.

Welcome to the midlife crisis bike family! I'm almost the same 49, 5-11, 250(ish), used to ride 550 LTD's in the 80's and then a ZL900 in the early 90's until family arrived and I figured it was time to play it safe. I love my bike, it got me back on the road occasionally, in the dirt when I don't want to drive my side x side or ATV, and everyone always looks at it and says how much fun it looks like to ride one. Hope you get one and enjoy it, it should be perfect for what you want.

I think you would be amazed what you can find off the Tamiami Trail if you go looking for side road adventures.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links