Anti-Theft
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Anti-Theft

Anti-Theft

Hauling Bike to Moab via city in Arizona and need suggestions on cable/Chain for bike security in back of pickup.
    I know there is prob lots of info but have searched and not coming up with much.
    Thanks

Use a heavy duty cable and high quality lock through the frame and attached to the tie down loops on the bed of the truck , as well as a thinner cable lock that has an alarm that is activated if it the cable is cut. Also lock the tailgate to make it a little more difficult for the bike to be taken.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

....what Borneo says. Plus parking backed up close to post, wall, etc so tailgate cannot be lowered makes theft less attractive if your tailgate cannot be locked.
    I hate theives.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

After my XT got taken from my underground parking I grabbed some Kryptonite cable and a kryptonite lock to keep the TW that replaced it safe. I also throw a Bully Alarm lock around the front tire. If anyone so much as bumps up against it, it'll go off and pages the keyfob.

Bully Alarm Lock with Pager - Motorcycle Superstore

Get a motel room on first floor out back with outside access door to room. Take the bike into the room for the night. if you are sleeping there. Use the free news-papers on the floor under it.
    rurlndum, naluboy, Dubzha and 3 others like this.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    ....what Borneo says. Plus parking backed up close to post, wall, etc so tailgate cannot be lowered makes theft less attractive if your tailgate cannot be locked.
    I hate theives.
    Quote Originally Posted by OurDee View Post
    Get a motel room on first floor out back with outside access door to room. Take the bike into the room for the night. if you are sleeping there. Use the free news-papers on the floor under it.
    Newspapers, sounds like I'd be on my 77 Superglide.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Silent paging alarm and a .45.

Seriously, spend the money on a good motion sensitive alarm for the truck.

Prob I see is the cables and chains are stronger than the little loop in the truck bed so they are overkill don't you think????
    Fred likes this.

When I travel with a motorcycle in the truck I run a locking cable (or two) through the frame of the bike, over the tailgate and around the hitch or frame of the truck. I also agree about backing the truck up somewhere where access would be difficult. A cheap tarp covering it would hopefully help avoid attention.
    Fred likes this.

Make it difficult to get the bike out of the truck and a thief will steal the truck and work on getting the bike out later. I've repoed trucks with bikes in them before. It takes less than a minute.

Drill a hole in the bed and frame rail below and bolt in a forged eye bolt. A stout chain and padlock will be hard to defeat without setting of a motion alarm that protects the truck, especially if the eyebolt and chain can't be reached without climbing in.

Or simply park next to a vehicle hauling a Harley.

rurlndum and fasteer like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links