New guy and his first TW
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DLT

Thread: New guy and his first TW

New guy and his first TW

Hi all,

Bought my first TW from a coworker last week. A 2004 with 380 miles on her.
    I am just tickled with it. Found this site the night I took it home.

Been riding and wrenching bikes since the days of the Yamaha "Mini Enduro" ( a few of you guys might remember them)
    Have had just about every brand and type of bike over the years, but I can't remember being this excited about one in a long time.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Looks like a good place to hang out.

Darren

Here she is.......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tennessee TW likes this.

Welcome, mighty fine looking 2004. She looks just about broken-in and ready for fun .

welcome. Let the games begin!
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hi darren welcome to the forum, I like how you worded your intro my first tw, likely more to come? I think that just one is not enough so I got my first one and then started looking for another, have not bagged one yet but the search goes on. looks like you got a real nice one.
    87tw,08 klr650,00dr200,76tl250,73cl175 scrambler,75tl250,76tl125,1960 cushman trailster,

Oh darn, Another one hooked!

Nice to see you and your Dub here DLT. Welcome to our addiction and grab a handful of throttle and hang on. We have members here who will remember your mini Enduro and were pals with Fred Flintstone.

First thing you need to do is fill in your member profile so we get a feel for where you are, age, likes and all that good stuff.

Give us a feel for the kind of riding you want to do with your almost new ten year old TW. You are sure to have some fun here but hang on to your wallet, we love spending other members money and do a fine job of it.

Looks like you figured out the picture posting thing and we have lots of members, like me, who love pictures.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Welcome!

Well you have found a real gem a bike there, Darren! You have also found the best little corner o' the net here at the TW200forum, there are a lot of real nice folks around here!

Enjoy yer lil' goat! Mine puts a smile on my face every time I ride her. I am amazed at the climbing ability of these spunky little machines! With 8 thousand miles of 60/40 pavement/dirt riding, she still climbed a good 45-50 degree dirt slope last night from a dead stop and didn't even tear th' turf!

Attached is a shot of us last summer out Cow Creek road in beautiful Southern Oregon.

Where do ya hail from, DLT? Havoc.jpg

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I'm in Greeley Colorado, along the front range, where the prairies meet the mountains.
    Already licensed her and putted around town. can't wait for it to warm up a bit and take it up in the hills.

The bike would just sputter a bit when I got it. Pulled the carb, cleaned it up and she's purring now.
    Probably jet and shim when spring comes round.

I'm looking forward to hanging around learning from you guys and maybe getting together for a ride some time.

Darren

I am planning to make the Russ Austin Memorial Ride in San Luis Obispo June 20-23, 2014. It will be the longest trip I have taken on her, but the chance to meet all the folks from this forum who hold Lizrdbrth in high regard makes me thinks it's a necessity. It will be an Awesome ride too!

rbm
    Hello and welcome!

DLT, glad to see you here. It's a nice place. I sure do remember the Mini Enduro. They were beautiful bikes to an 11 year old. I was on a CT70 at the time they came out. They looked like real motorcycles compared to the CT. By 1971 I had been riding for a few years already, even though I was only 11, so by the time I was graduated from the CT I went all the way to a TM100 (I personally thought a TM 125 would have been perfect...Pop did not). It had to be a Suzi because at the time I was chaffing to ride motocross and Roger DeCoster was my role model. Back then as guys like you and I (and a whole heck of a lot of others here) know there was no internet and we got our information and dream material in other ways...namely print magazines. Every month I was at the corner store with my pocket of mixed change when the new Dirt Bike magazine arrived. I mention all this because there was a guy writing for Dirt Bike at the time called "Super Hunky" aka Rick Sieman, and I am attaching this little trip down memory lane for you: Rick Sieman: SuperHunky.com

Enjoy your new TW and the fun and information you will find here.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Sponosred Links