Fm walkie talkies on Cow mountain roundup ride?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Fm walkie talkies on Cow mountain roundup ride?

Fm walkie talkies on Cow mountain roundup ride?

Was sorting thru some motorcycle stuff when I found my FM walkie talkies. I have a radio shack one I used when I was in a car club (sold car) and a pair of cobras that I barrowed from my brother and never returned.... Anyone else in the Norcal Gang have any laying around. Put some fresh battieries in them and lets see if we have enough for everyone to carry one. Might speed up the process of finding lost riders. (Joeband.....and then half our group on second ride....LOL)
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Hey Mike, I was waiting to see other responses before giving my thoughts. I have several of these radios. I have one setup in conjunction with a MotoCom device in my ATV helmet. It has speakers and a mic in the helmet and a push to talk button on the handle bars. I like the way it works and think these could be helpful on a group ride. It would take very little to convert it to the TW. Let's give them a try.

Joe

Sounds good Joe. I'm sure we can come up with enough for every rider to have one. We'll post a reminder and get a count of how many we need before the ride.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

i have a couple of motorolas, though I'm not sure what the range is in mountainous and hilly conditions. i'd certainly be willing to try them.

what? me get lost? i was only the navigator!
    evan likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sure wish I was going riding with you guys. lol. Just thought I'd offer a suggestion to maybe help out.
    If it turns out the Walkie Talkies don't work out and being how everyone in the entire world now has smart phones.
    There's an app for just such occasions. It's the only PTT(push to talk) app that I've found that works across all platforms.
    Iphone, Android, Blackberry, Windows phones and PC. It's called Zello and it's free. I've been using it myself for months.

i hate cookies, trolling and algorithms that monitor our every keystroke. look at the pop up ad i got from this post:

walkie.jpg

think the NSA is watching us too?
    bananachunks likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

ValorSolo, does Zello work when out of cellular coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    ValorSolo, does Zello work when out of cellular coverage?
    No sir. It works on either wifi or data coverage. If you'll be in a dead zone, walkies are the better choice.

We will be in dead zones. Walkie talkies are our best bet.

I have two Family Service Radios that could be loaned , if this is the type of walkie talkie you will use. I do not know if I'll make this ride, but could send radios home with Evan this weekend and retrieve them sometime in future. Pretty Verdi picture for you folks just 'cause you all like visuals
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links