Online Yamaha Parts
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Leisure Time Larry
  • 1 Post By GaryL
  • 1 Post By hellwig

Thread: Online Yamaha Parts

Online Yamaha Parts

I was wondering where TW riders are getting their parts online. I've tried Bike Bandit a few times but it seems to take forever for the parts to arrive. 2-3 weeks usually. I try to support my local dealer but it is 50 miles round trip and want a deposit to order a part which means a trip there to order and a trip back to pick it up, 100 miles total. They also started charging $2.00 a part for every not in stock item, which is about everything but spark plugs and oil filters. Any suggestions on a good online supplier of Yamaha OEM parts.?
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Shipping price increases and states trying to collect sales taxes on internet and mail order sales have ruined the industry. Just google and shop prices plus shipping and handling and other fees some places charge. I'm really not in love with anyone right now. Some places list availability, some don't. Call if in doubt. When you find expendables on sale, stock up. That's about all you can do.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Okay, so the deal with Yamaha OEM parts goes something like this to my understanding...most dealers and online retailers don't stock many parts for our beloved t'dubs. So, whether it is that dealer or an online retailer, both place an order to the regional Yamaha warehouse to get the part(s). Part(s) are then sent to them together or separately from the warehouse. The retailer will usually wait for it all to come in, then the mark it up a little (or a lot), then repackage it and ship it to you (or in a dealer's case call you to come and get it). Time and money are the important factors here. The Time - It's usually a faster turnaround if you order from a dealer/retailer that is in your general region. VS. The $ - sometimes the cheapest way (cost of part + cost of markup + cost of shipping to you) is not going to be the fastest option. You decide.

My personal favorite is Rocky Mtn Atv MC. They are in Utah, great for Central USA and West Coast. Their parts ordering microfiche diagram interface tells you if the item is in stock. If it is, they have 3 day shipping for $7, free if you spend more. If it says "5-7 days" that is an estimate and it means they have to order it from the Yami warehouse. I am West Coast, so if I order an in stock part, I have it in 2 days from them. I have always been happy with these guys, and I have received great customer service.

Bike Bandit is in California, so they are probably not a good choice for you since they have to reship all of the way across the USA to get it to you. That's probably why it takes so long. They usually get good reviews though.

Stadium Yamaha is very popular. They're in Texas.

Partzilla.com/boats.net I believe are East Coast. They usually have the best prices, however there are a lot of bad reviews. Those who have no problems love the cheap price, etc. Those who have issues that require customer service will never use them again. (fyi - partzilla is the moto division of the boats.net company - you can often type in the part # at boats.net and get some moto parts, sometimes even cheaper than on the partzilla site)
    GaryL likes this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Reviews do vary, however I have had good luck with boats.net. And they do have very good prices.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Lots of good places I have found as mentioned above. Partzilla and Stadium get the job done while Bike Bandit leaves you hanging.

For after market needs I have found Lytleracinggroup.com to be by far the very best so far. I ordered chains, sprockets, tubes, and Ride On from them at 9 AM on Wednesday and it all arrived the following day and that was standard shipping. Blew me away! They are in Tempe, AZ but the shipping came from a warehouse here on the east coast so they apparently network with other sources to get your parts out pronto. They might even have a source for OEM Yamaha parts. I take care of those who take care of me!

GaryL
    Dubzha likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Rocky is a definite over bandit every time for me unless rocky does not have it in inventory. Also, if Rocky shows it in stock, it will ship ASAP. Bandit always shows everything in stock, but this is rarely the case.
    In other words, its worth it to pay a little more sometimes, if you get it 2 weeks sooner, at least to me.
    fishguy likes this.

Thanks for the info on Lytle. I can't count the times I was getting ready for a spur of the moment trip and agonized over paying high shipping costs to get it fast. Good to know.
    Last edited by Borneo; 03-08-2014 at 04:01 PM.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

As far as tires and tubes go, americanmototire.com usually has the tires priced same or lower than anyone else, and shipping to the Lower 48 is free. I especially like their feature that allows searching by tire size--see all your options at once. Saves a lot of time over some other sites' cumbersome interfaces.

Yep i agree with Hellwig totally. sometimes the extra dollar or two is worth it if you need the part right away depending on the part. Sometimes they are way more expensive and if i don't need it i shop price and normally end up using Stadium. Whenever i order from Rocky MTN i have my parts in 3 days if they have it in stock and i live in the north east. I ordered new throttle cables. a throttle tube and a Duro from them on Tuesday and had it all by Friday afternoon with free shipping.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links