how much can this little guy take
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By qwerty
  • 1 Post By RiskEverything
  • 1 Post By small's

Thread: how much can this little guy take

how much can this little guy take

So this is my first season with my own tw and i took it for a short scoot through the woods and boy was it muddy. Super fun but deff puts a hurting on this little bike. I was wondering how much it will take before it blows an o ring?

Lack of maintenance will kill it faster than beating the snot out of it. These are tough bikes!
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

I don't understand, what were you concerned about overstressing on TW? By and large bike is pretty tough and not prone to breaking short of strong abuse. I have over 7,000 trail miles on mine w/o discovering any characteristic weakness. With less than 15 hp there is not alot of self-distructing, tire shredding, chain breaking valve floating potential in your lil' beast. You will learn she is happier not over-reved though. Avoid overheating and extended high heat operation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That's what i was wondering. Too much mudding equals high reving. I know outs never good on any bike but it is fun.

Oil cooler and full synthetic. TWs are the same engine family as the TT-R and has about 2/3 the power, so wide open on a TW isn't going hurt it. It will run all day WOT.

JS5owner likes this.

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Oil cooler and full synthetic. TWs are the same engine family as the TT-R and has about 2/3 the power, so wide open on a TW isn't going hurt it. It will run all day WOT.
    Full synth, check! I hope to prove the second half in a few weeks!...

A grippier rear tire might keep you from needing so much throttle. Are you still running the stocker?
    Fred likes this.

I rode mine for 5 days 1600 miles 98% pavement and it survived. 400 miles of interstate 75 at 66-70mph with 15/47 sprockets. I run the piss out of mine and change the oil every 1000-1500 miles with mobil 1 syn 4t.
    TW-Brian likes this.

Your question "How much will this little guy take?" My answer WAY more than you expect. I'm not interested in long distance high revs but out on the trail it will do almost anything I ask it to. Geared low enough to get out of some pretty serious stuff and high enough to get you back to camp pretty quickly. Before my 2011 was fully broken in I rode the Choctaw Trail in eastern Oklahoma and found it able to go places my buddies 4x4 ATVs couldnt go. In fact I was so impressed with the rugged capabilities that I bought another!

Sponosred Links