TW200 Vs CRF250l
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: TW200 Vs CRF250l

TW200 Vs CRF250l

Does anyone have or have ridden both a TW200 and a new CRF250L..

I'm curious how they compare. I'm using to riding a TW200 through trails, up creeks, over rocky terrain ect.. I'm thinking of selling my street bike and buying a CRF250l and curious how well it would do compared to the TW.. Could i take it anywhere i take the TW? How would it be? I'm hoping some of you may have both and could shed some light!

Hi Shiftline,

Here is my review after an extensive 5 minute test ride : https://tw200forum.com/forum/off-topi...%E2%80%A6.html

And member carmwes switched from a TW to a CRF250L. His thoughts are here: https://tw200forum.com/forum/off-topi...t-crf250l.html

I carefully considered and rode a CRF250L before deciding to build Tdub2. The Honda is typically Honda--a good value and no character. It is not as capable for sitting on and plodding along at smell-the-road-kill speeds as the stock TW. It is more capable on the highway and for faster riding but still not capable of race speeds, but I've never had any trouble keeping up with bigger bikes on a TW with a stock engine. Each requires a different set of riding skills to reach it's full potential. The Honda gets the nod when berms and air are involved, the TW absolutely rules when the coefficient of traction is approaching zero and there is nothing to bounce off of. All this assumes the TW is stock or close to it. Unless all the curves are bermed, Tdub2 will absolutely smoke a new CRF250L if the rider is up to it. More power, better brakes, better suspension, and twice the traction. CRFs ridden like the devil is after them can be kept up with on Tdub2 with the butt on the seat and feet on the pegs. Ridden hard, Tdub2 will corner inside a CRF on a berm on any but the slickest surfaces. Still, had I not had access to everything necessary to build Tdub2, I would have probably bought a CRF and been very happy with it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I would like to ride a honda but it couldn't replace the TW. I participate in group rides on advrider and when I show up on the tw half the guys gimmie that wtf "serious look" like do you seriously think that turd will keep up what a clown. The tw really is a dream on gravel, twisty pavement, fire trails and really slow technical stuff.usually by lunch time 2- 3 guys will come up and ask me how I ride that thing that fast. I always say its the tires. Its always fun to pass big bikes on the tw. I think the honda is the best deal going bang for the $$
    Last edited by small's; 03-14-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Awesome thanks for all the info. I think I will likely get the crf250 as my main bike and keep the tw for now. Not sure if I will ensure them both this season.. Prob hair the crf if u get it but should be good

Two different animals for two different uses in my book. Can't really compare the two I don't think without defining and describing the use. I have a TW, KLX300, WR426, and a Rokon. Each is hands down better than the other three in their own element.

Once the element is described, various machines can be compared. Otherwise it is meaningless is my thoughts.
    Hoot Gibson, frog13 and ejfranz like this.
    Ya gotta finish the loop, it's your only way out!

Hidden Content

TW200 Vs CRF250l

Use is random adventure be it logging roads trials creeks mud Rocky Mountain sides ECt. What ever you come across
    Last edited by shiftline; 03-14-2014 at 07:37 PM.

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftline View Post
    Use is random adventure be it logging roads trials creeks mud Rocky Mountain sides ECt. What ever you come across
    I'd take the TW over the CRF for this.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    I carefully considered and rode a CRF250L before deciding to build Tdub2. More power, better brakes, better suspension, and twice the traction. CRFs ridden like the devil is after them can be kept up with on Tdub2 with the butt on the seat and feet on the pegs. Ridden hard, Tdub2 will corner inside a CRF on a berm on any but the slickest surfaces. Still, had I not had access to everything necessary to build Tdub2, I would have probably bought a CRF and been very happy with it.
    not to hijack... but qwerty have you made a thread outlining your Tdub2 build?
    thanks
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I was about to ask the same thing.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links