Fabric Saddlebag / Pannier Deal
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Fabric Saddlebag / Pannier Deal

Fabric Saddlebag / Pannier Deal

Check out this site for what I think is a great deal on nylon saddlebags / panniers. The model 220 each bag measures 14"x12"x5", which sells for $12, on clearance sale. I don't actually have one yet but did order a couple for myself. I thought they might make decent panniers when I first saw them on eBay, but they were listed at $50 used there.

There are other models besides the 220 listed, some of which include another center section. They also have smaller saddle horn style bags which could be useful on a TW.

https://www.petandhorse.com/search/node/versa

Oh, shipping was a little high to me, but might be different to your location.

Last edited by Oldad; 03-15-2014 at 10:11 PM. Reason: added image
    admiral and subdude like this.

Being a container freak, and bargain shopper, I want some and I don't even have a horse. However, I suspect the one disadvantage compared to MC saddlebags is that the middle yoke may not be adjustable to allow the bags to be raised or lowered depending on desired attachment points or (in Motorcycle situations) the width of the seat that they are thrown over. However that should be solvable with some sewing or other innovations. High visibility is another plus. Good luck with them. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Tom,

Of course they will have to be modified to fit the individual bike. I anticipate shortening the top yoke, but as a TW owner, modification and innovation is the norm. That Pelican case you've got for your top box didn't just snap on did it?

As far as color goes, I'm partial to the high viz orange, but they are available in black and several other colors too.
    They aren't Wolfman packs, but at 95% less cost, looked like a deal to me. And they may not hold up to a trans-Alaskan excursion, but could be just the thing for an occasional weekend trip.

We will see.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That's a great price. The one's your showing look like they could work very nice. Saddlebags can be very convenient to hold stuff on day trips (sandwiches, drinks, trail-side repair tools etc). I haven't used mine on long trips, but tons of options.

I've used my mule saddle bags for years now. These fit width wise because of my cyclerack. Others I have don't fit as well as peruano has mentioned without modifications. I also made a homemade saddlebag support to keep the bags off the exhaust and out of the tire. I also use my mule horn bag once in a while on the gas tank. Saddle and horn bags are "Dual Purpose". Giggle

One of my mule horn bags
    r80rt likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Damn good price. Let us know how they are when they arrive.

I just spent 30 minutes going thru the ordering process......turns out they are like a lot of companies these days, tied up with a shipping company that thinks their services are worth more than the rest of the shippers. FedEx needed $21 to ship $30 worth of light weight nylon......I think not!!!!!

They might well be selling great stuff, but if it will fit in a USPS flat rate box that's what they need to use, I don't need any "special" service.....the little old lady in the jeep is good enough.....
    Joemama likes this.

Hey OldDad, those bags will be color coordinated with your hunter orange in the deer woods too. Kudos to you for clearing the trails in the Shawnee as you photographed for the gallery.

I'm I figured by the a mo can setup Romo. Offers too.

Quote Originally Posted by EmptiMind View Post
    Damn good price. Let us know how they are when they arrive.
    Well I've had the bags for well over a week and finally found the time to mount them and use them. Though I may eventually use them on my TW, I primarily bought them for my other bike, a KLX.
    They almost slapped right on the KLX, laid right over the rear part of the seat and held away from moving parts by the generous plastic shields. I did have to do something about the heat from the muffler though. I first thought about fabricating a metal frame to hold the bags away from the hot muffler, but settled on simply making a shield that attaches directly to the muffler. You can see all this in the attached photos.

I finished the project this morning and promptly took a trial run with the bags packed with old rags and other things, along with my tripod and fuel can, as if I was doing a day at Moab (some day, I hope). It seemed to work for me.

I have no idea if these bags are still available on the site I first recommended but I can say that they are definitely worth the money, even with the high shipping charges.

KLX Side View.jpgHeat Shield.jpgGrommet.jpgRear View.jpg Oh, and since the bag were designed for a horse and saddle, I had to add two grommet-ted holes on the rear portion to attach to the rear rack.
    Last edited by Oldad; 03-29-2014 at 09:27 PM.
    subdude likes this.

Boys, you may be missing out on a real deal.

I just check the website I originally recommended and those bags are still available. In fact, I just ordered two other larger models from the same site after seeing the quality of construction and how easily they can be used on a bike. $20 for a $90 bag and $11 for a $88 bag is a deal I cannot pass up. For the record, total shipping was $15 which is reasonable for the size of the items.

Check these out on their site: Versa-Packs Super Pack-Large - Model VP-200 - Clearance Item | petandhorse.com
    and Versa-Packs ? Back Pack/ Saddle Bag - Model VP-100 - Clearance Item | petandhorse.com

One of these has a center, attached duffle, and the other model breaks down into two medium sized backpacks. How cool is that?

They have smaller other models, suitable for tank bags too. Once on the site just do a search for "versa", which is the model of the bags. You'll have about a dozen models to choose from.
    Last edited by Oldad; 03-29-2014 at 09:23 PM.

My goodness, what a deal!!
    Jon62602 likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links