Just by chance,do ya have a pet peeve??
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Just by chance,do ya have a pet peeve??

Just by chance,do ya have a pet peeve??

Even tho we reside in the greatest country on the best planet within the most desirable galaxy,every once in a great,great while we see a situation or circumstance repeated that is unnecessary,inconveniencing,disrespectful and/or just plain stupid....Now,rarely does that happen....because society today is smarter,more cultured and much more caring than ever before...
    So,that said,just on the outside chance that you may have seen or experienced something that wasn't quite 'right',this thread will provide you with an opportunity to 'share'.....
    I'll start off with a couple of examples.....

Mr. Brightside-"There are no problems,only challenges!"-This person has obviously never faced any real adversity other than possibly a dead cell phone battery or something of similar importance,hence their conclusion of being in complete control over their destiny..... What's needed to 'realign' their logic back to reality would be ,say,taking a chemotherapy treatment, or being fitted for a prosthetic limb.

Mr. Prius,et al,-totally committed to saving the planet and achieving 100 miles to gallon of gas in the process,he(or she) idles away for every traffic light,finally reaching a top speed well below the posted legal limit. Well done,eco-sh*tbox owner,well done......

I'll bet if some of you search reel deep,you can think of one,too!
    Last edited by Landser; 03-28-2014 at 05:37 PM.
    Fred likes this.

The saying " Sh*t Happens " No sh8t does not just happen. Some azz hat does something stupid and that's what happens.

my pet peeve is ,motercycle manufactures with the exception of the tw200 dont make a dual sport or trail bike with a 30in.seat height for short riders like myself .most have 36in seat height. alot of riders don't need to have16in. ground clearance to go on normal trails.they should make a lower rideheight model for people built a little lower to mother earth.
    Fred likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

These are good & a good topic too!
    My major pet peeves revolve around the way communication is going. It seems as though many folks are not patient enough to fully listen to a complete sentence and rather they fire off what they believe to be the ending of another persons thoughts. Or, they instead begin to say, "Yeah, yeah, yeah" to display some sort of agreeing message, only to quickly begin what they want to say.

Another one are people who don't use their blinker - especially in the quick situation in which one may need to "cut over quickly".

Landser, I think the same of those priuses - mostly. I did however have one pass me on a desolate two-way 65 mph highway at about 95. I followed him after that as I was curious of my new vehicles top speed and his too. I pulled off into the desert (to hike the dog) just after reaching 114 mph! This guy obviously has no regard for the environment
    Fred likes this.

*How about the apparent inability of younger generations to actually communicate verbally, or hold coherent conversation requiring more than a one or two word response.

*Or when you send an email to someone, say a co worker or subordinate (a lot of people in my experience) and they respond to one small part of the message without the ability to read past the first sentence or thought, requiring you to keep inquiring about the un-addressed issues or give up.

It seems the attention span has shrunk. Thanks technology.
    Fred likes this.
    87 TW200 the little beast lives and breathes- FIRE!
    00 TTR125
    03 DRZ400E
    06 TTR125
    06 DL650

ha yep hellwig, I have ran into that so many times that I actually will number the different points of the message so they kinda get a hint. Must say though...my 15 year old son is very precise in answering or responding to every topic in the message

my peeve is eating noises...drives me up the wall!! Maybe that's something that I need to work on but I can't help it

The saying when someone makes a mistake, "my bad".
    Fred likes this.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Well, I used to call Princess "my favorite Pet Peeve" on a regular basis. I miss her. Other than that, I don't have pet peeves. Instead, I have serious problems. Get off of my lawn.

Lier's and people who are late, without letting me know and wasting MY day.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Landser View Post

Mr. Brightside-"There are no problems,only challenges!"-This person has obviously never faced any real adversity other than possibly a dead cell phone battery or something of similar importance,hence their conclusion of being in complete control over their destiny..... What's needed to 'realign' their logic back to reality would be ,say,taking a chemotherapy treatment, or being fitted for a prosthetic limb.
    Not a pet peeve but a sometimes irritation: PEOPLE WHO BLAST OFF HALF COCKED

I'll buy into the no problems only challenges. Annnddd, yes, I did two years of chemotherapy. Without boring you of the details, through my study of a MD text book insisted on a review of my slides by Stanford Medical School, wound up in a successful clinical trials, and am here 17 year later from a previously incurable cancer, YES, I faced it as a challenge. I slammed GOD-DAMNIT! out before I could think but yes, I accepted it as a challenge. One that I met head on. I could have lost but facing it as a challenge I continue to believe played big part in my being here to hassle ya.

I went off half cocked, looked on the bright side, and won. I continue to do that to this day. And hopefully tomorrow.

Soooo, to sum up, my pet peeve would be a recommendation to NOT look on the bright side.

Thank you.

Amen
    Ya gotta finish the loop, it's your only way out!

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links