New Honda gen!
Close

Thread: New Honda gen!

New Honda gen!

Bought a new Honda 2000i gen from a scratch and dent dealer for $650. It only had a crack on the plastic exhaust cover end cap. Starts on the first pull and runs perfect! Already own a 3000is gen but this is so much easier to take on my tent camping trips.DSCF0108.JPG
    You only need a 200cc bike to circle the planet, anything larger is just wheel spin.

That's a good price! They're great generators. If mine ever dies I'll get another right away. I've used it a lot, being off the grid in summers, but solar has taken on most of the charging duties lately.

Yea, I want to look into the solar chargers. I also fly r/c electric planes and helis so charging is always a concern.
    You only need a 200cc bike to circle the planet, anything larger is just wheel spin.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thats a great unit. If you see another deal like that please pm me. My Generac is a fuel leaking menace due to a chrome plated PLASTIC needle valve in the carb. I think ethanol and chrome covered plastic don't get along.

Love my eu2000. Runs a 5000 btu window unit all night long in my camper on 1.1 gallons of fuel. Its quiet to, I have a 5000 watt Coleman with a Tecumseh that sounds like a rototiller running inside of a metal garbage can.

That's good to know it will run a small ac unit.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by howardgene63 View Post
    Love my eu2000. Runs a 5000 btu window unit all night long in my camper on 1.1 gallons of fuel. Its quiet to, I have a 5000 watt Coleman with a Tecumseh that sounds like a rototiller running inside of a metal garbage can.

The quality generators are nice... I was tempted to buy a honda for camping... But stayed true to the blue blood that I have acquired, with months of patience I found a Yamaha 2400IS on Craigslist for $750 that had maybe 5 hours on it.... Just wanted that little bit more for the ability to start an a/c unit whenever I end up getting a camper 👍

That is a smoking deal! I just bought one for my folks and my employee cost, working for a Honda dealer was just over a grand. I still have my old Honda EX650 at home that I bought a few years ago for $150. The sad part is that new EU2000 is a couple pounds lighter than my old EX650. I plan on borrowing my folks new EU2000 for camping when it's hot enough to need air conditioning. From what I've researched all I need to do is put a bigger start capacitor on the rooftop AC to handle the initial start up of the compressor, otherwise the 2000W generator should work fine as long as I'm not in high altitude.

Sponosred Links