Hazardous Materials and the Vanity of People
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Hazardous Materials and the Vanity of People

Hazardous Materials and the Vanity of People

Huh? Go ahead and ask: What in the world do hazardous materials have to do with vanity of people? Glad you asked.

You see, some of us are allergic to certain chemicals that are classified as hazardous materials. These materials are used in make-up, perfumes, and other scented products that appeal to certain people who are vain enough to think they can improve on what God created. For some of us the material does not have to be in a high enough concentration to be detectable by smell, one inhalation and we suffer immediately: extreme sinus pressure, extreme headache, and/or nausea to the point of loss of ability to do anything. For those of you who don't suffer from exposure to these toxic substances, please be aware that exposing those who are sensitive to them is no different than walking up to us and hitting us in the head with a baseball bat--both feel about the same. Do not be surprised when the time comes that people will again stand up for themselves that those sensitive to chemical attacks defend themselves by hitting the chemically laden with a baseball bat as turnabout will again be fair play.

What really pissed me off is I was working on TW t-shirt art and had to quit due to stinking people. Trust me, if you actually need such a strong scent to cover up your stench, your only solution is soap and water. Body odor smells better than body odor + hazmat.

Joemama, r80rt and plumbstraight like this.

you hit the nail on the head, our TW's smell much better then some people do when running. I,m allergect to olive oil and all health care professionals brag about how great it is. I'm glad that I'm not allergect to TW's or any motorcycle, great medicine.
    r80rt likes this.

Sprague River, Oregon in Summer, Salome, AZ in Winter
    Ha! I am allergic to most perfumes. I was doused as I entered a "High End" store a few years ago by an over exuberant clerk.. She thought I was kidding when I screamed that I needed an ambulance - until I collapsed and was gasping for breath. I don't think they "Spray" customers anymore. I can't enter a Hallmark store or a candle store for the same reason. Can't go to movie theaters because of the stench of perfumed persons. I love the smell of burning castrol oil in the morning. John
    r80rt likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Ahhhhh! I am not alone. Perhaps we should go through life with a baseball bat and just whack the crap out of stinkers.

r80rt and plumbstraight like this.

If I get around a group of old ladies "like at church" I start sneezing about 10 seconds after smelling the perfume.
    r80rt likes this.

I don't have quite the same reactions as you guys, but I too suffer. I get an intense burning sensation in my nose, and have to escape. I can smell them from half a block away sometimes.
    r80rt likes this.
    ~ Brian

Life's too short to be in a hurry... Ride a T-Dub Hidden Content

2013 TW200
    2004 VTX 1300
    Hidden Content The Spirit of the Lizrd Rolls Forever.

Well, I was going to do TW t-shirt art today but ever since the hazmat overdose this morning when I sit up my sinuses hurt too bad to stay up for any longer than it takes to take care of business and lay back down. First day off I've had at home in 4 months ruined by a fat b--- that needs a fire hose dousing.

Our Pastor has put up large signs and begins each sermon with a reminder not to wear too much perfume or for the guys too much Axe. Our Church is large but sometimes when they close the doors you want to reach for a gas mask.
    r80rt likes this.

i too have a reaction when exposed to certain aresol spray paints .in a shop i worked in one time the boss would do touch up painting on used cars in the bay next to mine,it would give me a headache so bad i would have to leave the shop for a couple of hours .he said it didn't bother him so it shouldn't bother me ,it pissed me off to think that an old beater used car was more important than my health and the productivity in my bay working on customers cars.i told the service manager that either the painting went or i went,the paint went.

I think every time someone wanders by smelling like hazmat I'm going to blurt out, "PEEEYOU!!! Someone really stinks bad!!!!"

r80rt likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links