TrailSnail video
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: TrailSnail video

TrailSnail video

Terrible editing of a test video from my back yard that I cannot figure out how to undo,I was going to trash it but will share it warts and all.
    Last edited by Fred; 04-24-2014 at 02:16 AM.
    littletommy, B-dub, Mel and 4 others like this.

What a great looking back yard! Can't comment on the editing since I don't even know how to edit and don't have a video camera...leave that stuff up to my nephew. Looked good to me, I enjoyed the ride. Must have been a SCGST ride since no gloves.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Well, your on a trail and on the TW. The video is worthy to be in the Trails, off-road, and adventure thread. Looks like a nice place to ride. Looks like you almost biffed it around the 2:00. Nice save if that is what happened. Also, is that a "rest area" you passed up on the trail? Never know when you need one eh! Not sure if your stabilization edit was done in youtube or some other program, but it sure looks better than the youtube stabilization I've tried if that's what you used. Hope to see more (alot more) video's in the future. Boy, I hope to get on some single tracks this year! Thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Howdy Admiral, the "rest area" which looks like an outhouse is a little hide-out to get out of wind, snow, sun, rain that I built near SE corner of my back forty. It is just a simple hut with a very nice view and makes a good place to pause on a hike, ride, or snowshoe adventure. Another mini deck is visible at beginning of video.
    Utube stabilization calmed down the scenery but introduced the shaking,dancing title that I can not figure out how to remove. I guess dancing title shows how much image was stabilized by u-tube software. I deleted raw video file while I was playing with very confusing editing software , both Apple's iMovie and Contour's Storyteller.
    Video was my first experiment other than unedited cell phone clip directly loaded from Alabama Hills trip a month ago, too bad Utube washes out a lot of HD as this video appears no better than Motorola Razor cell phone clip.
    My new footpegs are a bit wider so you hear me clipping rocks with them in the tight places, I need to re-calibrate my brain to compensate.
    Shucks, I should recalibrate my brain just on general principles.
    Last edited by Fred; 04-24-2014 at 02:19 PM.

I've always seen really good HD from your video's, so I don't think your video's are affected much in that regard.

I have an old stabilized youtube video I'm gonna test with trying to remove the dancing letter's. Problem is with mine I think, is the captions/annotations were done in moviemaker not youtube which I normally use. If you do a vid in the future and stabilize it or add music, wait for that all to be done and add the captions/annotations last when done in youtube.

Depending on when you added the captions/annotations, you can revert to original and go back to the raw or clipped together video. I've done this before with audio I wanted changed. Except in my last "range" video, youtube music keeps over dubbing my original soundtrack, even when I position the music to include the original soundtrack.
    Last edited by admiral; 04-25-2014 at 09:45 AM.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

holy crap! a bear! oh, wait...that's your dog. Wow, fluffy fox.....oh wait, that your other dog. Looks like great way to exercise your dogs and get in some single track practice at same time.....
    admiral likes this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Great advice thank you for editing info. I see where I made .mistakes.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I was able to revert the old video removing the stabilization, thus removing the dancing letters. As I suspected though, the annotations were done in moviemaker and if I were to stabilize it again...the dancing letters would re-appear.

Is that all your property Fred? I thought you were being sarcastic when you mention your back 40. What a great place to ride.
    My '87 TDub was born amidst the fervor of Miami Vice! And it looks like Don Johnson's wardrobe!Hidden Content Hidden Content

are you vision impaired? i see two seeing eye dogs showing you the way.lol .i'd hate to have to mow your back yard ,lots of rock, all my land is sand .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links