Should I go Russian into this (so, so bad)
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Should I go Russian into this (so, so bad)

Question Should I go Russian into this (so, so bad)

So, I just got my AG200 on the road and I love it for the local conditions....however, check out this Ural! It's 600cc. I'm foolishly considering sharing it with a friend here. Not sure yet about specs and condition, but we could get it for about 1.8 million MNT (just over a thousand bucks). Oh boy, here we go
    Ural-sidecar.jpg
    old white truck and Wingnut like this.

Do it. Do it. Do it.

I second that emotion!
    I like the Royal Enfields too. They are very retro and I want one, but I need a big fat rear tire ..... ? (What to do!)
    For inquires please email me at Hidden Content for ordering info. If requesting a shield please include :NAME,FORUM NAME,PHONE #,SHIPPING ADDRESS,AND COLOR CHOICE,(Jet Black, Smoke Grey, Crystal Clear, Dark Blue, Neon Edge Glow -Light Blue & Neon Edge Glo Hi-Vis Orange )

RIDE WELL, JIMBO C.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The Urals are rocks. High maintenance, but ultra neat. Especially the "two bys". Sure, I'd do it if I was you. I looked at a new one but the 16k price tag scared me away. I do have a military Enfield, and as noted, they are also very retro cool. Also high maintenance. Has to be the most field repairable bike around though. People who regularly ride them always joke about fixing them with coat hangers, beer cans and duct tape...problem is it ain't a joke. Mine recently ate most of it's wiring. Expect the same from an old Ural.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

I rode a Ural just like that one for a few years, tough rigs. The only problem I had were the Russian main bearings, I replaced them with good German made ones and cured that problem. Keep the speed low and you'll have a ball with it.
    R100RT likes this.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

aha now i find this post... it is a ural. very cool looking. would your wife consider/enjoy going two up? or are you and your friend going to take turns riding shotgun?

i guess i should add, my only experience with russian bikes is being towed on a minsk...
    Last edited by joeband; 04-26-2014 at 09:12 AM.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

towed on a minsk...
    Gotta be a story there! I know I have mentioned it before but one of my dream trips is to ride the Ho Chi Minh trail on a Minsk.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Gotta be a story there! I know I have mentioned it before but one of my dream trips is to ride the Ho Chi Minh trail on a Minsk.
    funny you should say....

that was the plan in 1998. the price of two bikes, new or used, and the hassle of foreigners purchasing bikes was prohibitive. so ended up spending a month on boats, bikes, minivans and trains trekking from hanoi to saigon and points south. got to ride the reunification express for a couple hundred miles.

rented two minsk for a day and only got 30 miles, under it's own steam, of the 70 mile round trip. the remainder was dragged at the short end of a 10' piece of twine. beautiful scenery, great memories, good times.

definitely interesting and a cultural eye opener.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sweet. I got a guy lined up that rents them in Ho. 20 bucks a day. I had planned to go next year. But with Pete in Mongolia....
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

I've always liked them. That's great how it has a knobby ready to go for when the going gets tough. I was wondering if it is mounted for the drive wheel or the front.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links