Lane Splitting
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Lane Splitting

Lane Splitting

Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

rbm
    Although I don't do it or condone the behavior as it makes us all (motorcyclists) look bad, unless there was a real good reason for the trucker to open his door it was wrong on his part. If it were me and he did that "just because the motorcyclist shouldn't have been passing" I probably would have gone to jail for kicking his a$$.
    littletommy and Dubzha like this.

I would not consider this video to be an example of what is commonly referred to as "lane splitting" or "lane sharing" - at least how it is currently defined and allowed in California. I would consider this to be improper passing on the part of the motorcyclist.
    Dubzha and TDubLady like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Mel
    Most people don't realize that in California, if you do something to actually impede a motorcyclist legally splitting lanes you can be cited for it or be charged for causing an accident.
    Mel
    littletommy and Pass Man like this.

Actually I just used that term without thinking. I am a country boy, and I forgot there was actually something legal called lane splitting in some places.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

After I retired from Environmental Health work in 2002, I drove/delivered RV/Motorhomes for 6 years, just for something to do...I would take many runs west to So Cal and watch in amazement on I-5 and other locations as {IMO} the idiots would lane split...I figured most of the dumbasses had a "Death Wish"...legal or not, it's a stupid practice....if for nothing else your own safety...but Hell, I'm just old fashion, we all do stupid things and some of us cheat the Grim Reaper....
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Depending on where this incident happened I would have either kicked his ass or sued the shit out of him. What an asshole.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

even though lanesplitting is legal in some states and the AMA has pushed to keep it legal I don't think I would ever do it, just because the everyday motorist has no idea it is legal and just gets pissed because you are getting to work on time and they are not.

The problem is that in places such as California, the traffic jams are so bad that bikes overheat standing in traffic - you almost don't have a choice if you are on the freeway, you have to keep the bike moving. I would and have done it when needed. Albeit slowly, not like these guys racing at 60 miles an hour through miles of traffic.
    Ebbanflood likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

So what do you do? All you can do is shut it off and roll with your feet in the highway traffic jam. I've heard some big bikes sound like a boiler getting ready to blow up. And some don't have the sense to shut their engine off, even if it is for only a minute or two.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links