Concrete cracks , how to fill them.
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PalmStateCrawler

Thread: Concrete cracks , how to fill them.

Concrete cracks , how to fill them.

As the title suggests , I have some cracks in my concrete . A fairly large one ( 1/4 inch) wide on my patio and is about 6 feet long .Then , in my garage, a small one starting from where the garage door comes down and meets the floor . What do you all use to "fill" such things . If I had the $$$ ,I would hire a pro to come out and "re-do" the entire issue....but I do not have the $$$ for this.....surely you all understand . I've had folks tell me to use all weather silicone and apply ?.

I've had good luck with self leveling polyurethane. If the crack is deep I put some foam backer rod in first. It's gray but you can tell it's caulk if you're concerned about looks. It's really gooey and can be messy before it cures but if you're careful and put it where you want it the first time, it looks pretty good. I put some in cracks 5 years ago and it's still just as good as it was when I did it. I did all my expansion cuts with it too since Michigan gets a lot of thawing/freezing which opens cracks up fast. For small cracks I use a concrete blade in my skil saw to open the crack up a little and fill it to stop it before it gets big.

The stuff Croatoan found is good too. For me the polyurethane is easier and indestructible after it's cured. If it wasn't dark and raining I'd post a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirebiter View Post
    I've had good luck with self leveling polyurethane. If the crack is deep I put some foam backer rod in first. It's gray but you can tell it's caulk if you're concerned about looks. It's really gooey and can be messy before it cures but if you're careful and put it where you want it the first time, it looks pretty good. I put some in cracks 5 years ago and it's still just as good as it was when I did it. I did all my expansion cuts with it too since Michigan gets a lot of thawing/freezing which opens cracks up fast. For small cracks I use a concrete blade in my skil saw to open the crack up a little and fill it to stop it before it gets big.

The stuff Croatoan found is good too. For me the polyurethane is easier and indestructible after it's cured. If it wasn't dark and raining I'd post a pic.
    X-2 on this stuff............ I think it lasts long because it remains slightly flexible.........OMM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I rent my place so I let the ants fill the cracks in my driveway.
    tcepilot likes this.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

PSC....I pictured ant's with little hard hat's on doin some work for you.....wow , what the brain will show you with age......I had to laugh though .

Thank you for the info folks . I've watched video's and the like ,but ,when professional folk or even the seasoned person is doing the job they tend to leave out important steps and make the job "look" as easy as '1,2,3". I just wanted to get the opinion of my trusted TW brethern. Thanks again.

Lol. That would be great.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Sponosred Links