Alaska
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By plumbstraight
  • 1 Post By Sledhead

Thread: Alaska

Alaska

Headed for Ak this evening. Oh my, do I wish I could take my Tw with me. Was sure nice to have it with me up there on the knik and around town. Taking a ride down through Jim Creek this time of year might be a challenge though. Just look forward to getting back up to my place. Been dealing with the system after having cancer. I am clean now and that is a weight off my shoulders. Have to be back in Wa to have a colonoscopy checkup after surgery.

I mentioned this before, if it runs in your family get it done. I was so lucky to have mine caught before it was outside the colon and into my lymph nodes. If you are 50 get one. I had one at 50, 60, and at 64 it was the size of a navel orange with no symtoms. Another few months and I would have been in serious trouble.

Called a friend and he said the halibut are in close. Sounds like good fishing, whoo hoo!
    Leisure Time Larry likes this.

Good to hear you are healthy! have fun and post some pictures! It's been a few years since I had the chance to get up to AK, I hope to get back up soon.

Preventive screening may seem like a pain in the ass but plumbstraight has just shown us its benefits. Get 'er done Guys, you just may live longer and get a chance to land one of plumbstraight's alaskan halibut.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Take care of yourself fellow Washington friend. Post up when you get back so we know you got back safely.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

All the best!
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

Welcome home! I'd love for you to take my t dub out for a spin, but it's winterized and still has ice screws. Ive been on this since mid march.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fred likes this.

Been tw0 years since I was in AK. Probably be another two before I get back up there.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

Thank you Sledhead, maybe next time.

Just got back lastnight. Had quite a surprise when I got up there at three in the morning. My trailer had been broken into. All my canned food had been taken but other than the door and a floor safe it was ok. Thing is, there was a guy and his gal sleeping in my bed. Ran them off but didn't sleep well that night. Would have called the cops, but having to come back I wouldn't be able to be in court for hearings.

Wound up giving it away just to get it off the property while it was still in one piece.

Got my Ak license taken care of. Didn't really look at it when she gave it to me. Later I noticed I had lost a hundred pounds, the Tw will love that, I am down to 170. Also it is for M1 instead of M3. Oh well, if I get stopped will just tell them it is a typo as is my weight.

Sure enjoyed the weather. Was nice the whole time. Was standing on the shore near Nikiski and watched a fire start on the west side of the inlet. When we left for home there was another one much bigger going just east of Soldotna. I took off for Anchorage as I was afraid if I got caught up in a road closure I would miss my plane south. All is good now. Started my cleanout for the colonoscopy tomorrow. Ha, what fun lol.

Welcome home Plumb, stay well my friend.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Sponosred Links