What the heck is a Ssanyong Musso?
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Borneo

Thread: What the heck is a Ssanyong Musso?

What the heck is a Ssanyong Musso?

I rode the little AG200 out to the big car market here in Ulaanbaatar. I met up with an other American who's been here a while, and is a wrench-guy, a car buff. He showed me, and is recommending this...042.JPG It is a 2002 Ssanyong (Korean) Musso. It has a 5-cylinder Mercedes Benz turbo diesel engine! That cap comes off with 6 bolts and my AG will fit in the bed with the gate down. Anyone know anything about this vehicle? It would be kinda cool to drive something that I can't drive back in The States I guess. The price is right, too!

Ride Safe,
    MP

AGman's comments are pretty funny in light of the name meaning SsangYong (quality) Musso (much power)
    Fred and Mongol Pete like this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Well guys,

AGman's comments are pretty much what I've read and heard as well, so the Musso is a no go. The roads and climate beat the best vehicles to hell here, so I guess crappy vehicles die very fast. The issue now is to please the wife (newer/smaller SUV), and still be able to carry or tow my AG200. My new mechanic friend here says he would definitely not tow the AG behind a small SUV here due to the roads, and the Mrs. does not want a pick-up. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    MP

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

To bad because the modern civilized four door pickup seems like the class of vehicle to sell the Mrs on in order to meet your goals, maybe something more reliable than the Musso without a cab high shell. Sorry, no solution comes to mind. Vans make good non trailered haulers and campers, but are not likely to please your wife. I have both p.u. and van, but my wife just drives Toyota Rav4

they were crap in 1997 when i lived in korea, but i'm kinda surprised they haven't kept up with the advances other korean brands have made.

iirc their logo was a rhino, and you could get one on the hood, and plastered everywhere else on the car. overcompensating i guess.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links