forum breakdown 101 "tw200 audience"
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: forum breakdown 101 "tw200 audience"

forum breakdown 101 "tw200 audience"

It looks like we have alot of confusion on the forum. I want to explain how it works and if im wrong please let me know. Pic 1 shows the forum breakdown. The tw200 section includes 1) general discussion. 2) trails and offroad+adventure 3) tw200 classifieds. 4) performance and customization. Thats the tw200 section below that is "other forums" which includes 1) off topic and other bikes 2) test forum 3) yamaha fz-09 each section has a general idea of what to post about in that section pics 2 tells you the topic title and if you look to the right it will tell you which forum that it was posted under
    Borneo and Hoot Gibson like this.

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    My reason for posting this in the general section is that we have alot of people complaining about post they dont like. I dont think most of the ones that are complaining realize that they are complaining about stuff not posted in the tw 200 section. So when looking at pic 2 look to the right to see what forum its under. It gets old reading complaints by people who are replying to the non tw section complaining about the post being non tw related. There is an off topic forum and an fz-09 forum. I dont think the fz-09 guys want to here people complaining about their fz-09 post in the "yamaha fz-09 section" not being tw related. So please look and see which forum the post is in before complaining. Please let me know if im wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by small's View Post
    if im wrong please let me know.
    Here's where you're wrong. The front page of the forum explains its purpose. "Our goal is to be a friendly community comprised of Yamaha TW200 owners and other motorcycle enthusiasts."
    Have you ever seen politics promote "friendliness"? I haven't. Something as simple as Fred's post about his poor cat has been turned ugly. And for what? There are plenty of places to vent your spleen about anything that bothers you. Does this need to be turned into a place like that? I hope not.
    I used to think this was a friendly bunch of folks, enjoying an odd little motorbike that brings a smile to my face. I have to say, Small's, I've always enjoyed your ride reports.
    Now, there a few people I think much less of, because of their insistence on taking over just about every topic with their own issues. Off-topic doesn't mean it can't be conducted with the same civility that we've always used in our general discussions. It's not the occasional remark, its the incessant rudeness to everyone else that bothers me.
    New posters, and old, have always said "What a friendly, helpful forum, not like so many others" when they have visited us. Do we have to change that?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Interesting. I know what I found to be the most offensive and crude post in that thread.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Bang head again!! I give up. People here are friendly but there is more than one forum here, like I tried to explain bit I guess nobody understands. The post you are talking about are not under the tw200 forum section. They are under the other forums like test forum, yamaha fz-09 forums.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

politics and religion are 2 things that i don't want to talk to anyone about...you're not going to change anyone's mind and it never ends well...and in those 2 topics there are no right answers...same thing goes for these 2 topics on forums...at the same time a debate on a forum in an off topic section about whatever is fine as long as it remains civil...i figure if you don't like it don't read it and def don't get butthurt by someone else's opinion
    Fred, wildcat and sp_cache like this.

Bang head again!! I give up. People here are friendly but there is more than one forum here, like I tried to explain bit I guess nobody understands. The post you are talking about are not under the tw200 forum section. They are under the other forums like test forum, yamaha fz-09 forums.
    A friendly, helpful forum, and a rude, confrontational forum? Who made that decision?

those sections are still part of the tw forum aside from the fz09 forum which is a sister forum that has a link on the tw forum...i'm confused as to where you're going with this...are you just saying that people aren't posting topics in the right section of the forum and telling them to read the sections to post them in the appropriate section?...if so the mods can move the topic to the correct section...i never really saw this as a huge problem here but then i'm usually just looking at the new posts section and don't really pay attention to the sections unless i post a new topic
    Last edited by Point37; 05-19-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Interesting. I know what I found to be the most offensive and crude post in that thread.
    Yes, Borneo, I'm sorry to admit that the subject does not bring out the best in me, either. I apologize to you, and to anyone else whom my earthiness may have offended. I should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodetrip View Post
    Here's where you're wrong. The front page of the forum explains its purpose. "Our goal is to be a friendly community comprised of Yamaha TW200 owners and other motorcycle enthusiasts."
    Have you ever seen politics promote "friendliness"? I haven't. Something as simple as Fred's post about his poor cat has been turned ugly. And for what? There are plenty of places to vent your spleen about anything that bothers you. Does this need to be turned into a place like that? I hope not.
    I used to think this was a friendly bunch of folks, enjoying an odd little motorbike that brings a smile to my face. I have to say, Small's, I've always enjoyed your ride reports.
    Now, there a few people I think much less of, because of their insistence on taking over just about every topic with their own issues. Off-topic doesn't mean it can't be conducted with the same civility that we've always used in our general discussions. It's not the occasional remark, its the incessant rudeness to everyone else that bothers me.
    New posters, and old, have always said "What a friendly, helpful forum, not like so many others" when they have visited us. Do we have to change that?
    I would like to know what? EXACTLY is so ugly in that thread? However, since this is a discussion in the General Section of the main forum I would highly prefer that you reply in the Off Topic section so we can keep the TW forum about TWs.

I can't help but think that someone is starting a storm where none needs to be and even just moving these complaints from Off Topic over to here in General is WRONG!

GaryL
    Hoot Gibson and williamemack like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links