Air Rifles Anyone?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Air Rifles Anyone?

Air Rifles Anyone?

Post your favorite air rifle pic or story here. From your first Daisy BB gun to match pellet gun to them new fangled chinese .50 Dragons.
    Here is my little tack driver, a slightly up-scoped RWS Dana 34 in .177 which I shoot at 50 to 90 yrds with 12+ gr pellets for about 2 moa on a calm day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't have any to share, but I'm in the market, so I'll be tuning in here. I have a serious racoon problem here. I need a quiet way to take care of them at a distance. Been thinking about a crossbow. But perhaps I need to look along these lines. I am in a city, and want to respect my neighbors. Otherwise the .22 would be used. I have to go out every night, lest Rico become an adversary for the 'coons. I say the coons gotta go.
    ~ Brian

Life's too short to be in a hurry... Ride a T-Dub Hidden Content

2013 TW200
    2004 VTX 1300
    Hidden Content The Spirit of the Lizrd Rolls Forever.

I'm too settled to go take pictures tonight, but I too have an RWS. And I love my Sheridan Blue Streak. The one I shoot most...a Daisy Buck that is modified with a Chief AJ style adult sized stock I whipped up in the shop. I got all of twenty bucks in it...plus a scrap of wood and some time. Great for shooting walnuts off the trees in the fall.
    Fred likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubzha View Post
    I don't have any to share, but I'm in the market, so I'll be tuning in here. I have a serious racoon problem here. I need a quiet way to take care of them at a distance. Been thinking about a crossbow. But perhaps I need to look along these lines. I am in a city, and want to respect my neighbors. Otherwise the .22 would be used. I have to go out every night, lest Rico become an adversary for the 'coons. I say the coons gotta go.
    CB's...

Great minds. My first thought too was CB caps.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Shorts, duct tape, and a plastic pop bottle.

Used to shoot in college. Preferred puffer these days is a Crossman 1317 Classic with an accessory or two. Cheap. Simple. Effective on 'coons.

I have been shooting the Benjamin 312's since 1963(?). .177 was the first one (1960?). I rebuilt the valves and seals as a 17 year old. Bought another .22 cal. for $5.00 and rebuilt it. Shot both for many years. My 30 year old son has the .177 now.

Bought a Sheridan Blue Streak in 1971. It is the present "go to gun" for yard varmints. Although, I just rebuilt the .22 Benjamin (again) and it has taken out a magpie or two already this spring.

There a lot of vintage air gun videos on YouTube. However, I just heard about some of the new air guns --.50 cal and larger. I need to know MORE.

Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post
    CB's...
    Yeah. I do have a pump. They'll do. Have to leave the 10/22 behind. I also wish MN would allow suppressors. That would make it quieter.

Qwerty that whole "felony" thing for ANY kind of supressor in MN says to me, it isn't worth the risk. I'll use a short, or CB first, and take my chnces.

Now, back to the air rifles. More for me to learn.
    Last edited by Dubzha; 05-19-2014 at 07:39 PM.
    ~ Brian

Life's too short to be in a hurry... Ride a T-Dub Hidden Content

2013 TW200
    2004 VTX 1300
    Hidden Content The Spirit of the Lizrd Rolls Forever.

My Blue Streak is one of the oddball .20 cal. Ain't getting them at Wallyworld.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Dubzha, if you have a .22 rim fire try some of the subsonic cab caps or qwerty 's short w/
    Pop bottle. Not from revolver, too loud.
    For an air rifle go with 5mm or .22 Sheridan as they are quieter than crack of faster .177 plus a lot more effective on a raccoon. I am slowly becoming a fan of slower, bigger, heavier calibers for humane kills, save the fast sexy stuff only for long range target fun.

Happy Trails
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links