Elliot Roger shootings...people always have to blame the NRA.
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Elliot Roger shootings...people always have to blame the NRA.

Elliot Rodger shootings...people always have to blame the NRA.

The father of one of the victims tearfully blamed the NRA for his child's death. While I sympathize with his suffering, and understand that he wants someone to point the finger at, the NRA should not be that target. In these types of events, people are always looking for a cause, while overlooking simple, undeniable fact. A disturbed individual was at fault, and no one else. Not the NRA, not his parents, not public schools, not politicians, not the guns he used, or the stores who sold them to him. The individual himself, and only the individual, can be blamed. He is the one that planned the murders and pulled the triggers, period. Maybe if getting a legal permit to carry a concealed weapon were significantly easier, some of those victims could have not only saved themselves, but stopped this lunatic from killing the others! Of course you never see this angle in the media...it's always "blame the NRA".
    Last edited by kj7687; 05-26-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Yeah, what about the NKA and the NCA? Most of the damage was done with a knife and a car...

Let's all write our congressmen and ask them to ban cars and knives.
    Don't you dare. Cars, meh...but trucks and jeeps and land rovers? Don't give them ideas. And I love my knives.

Don't sweat this one guys. That lame blame thing was so silly I can't even imagine the anti's put any stock in it.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The Idiot father of one of the Victims{sad as these senseless killings were} takes the time during his grief to try to make Political Hay....here is a hint asshole, the guns this punk was armed with and had, it appears, in his arsenal were mostly illegal.....
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    The Idiot father of one of the Victims{sad as these senseless killings were} takes the time during his grief to try to make Political Hay....here is a hint asshole, the guns this punk was armed with and had, it appears, in his arsenal were mostly illegal.....
    Where did you find this info? I was under the impression the guns were purchased legally. He was a nut job that should have been flagged in the NICS check if the doctors were allowed, or mandated, to report individuals withe mental issues...

Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post
    Where did you find this info? I was under the impression the guns were purchased legally. He was a nut job that should have been flagged in the NICS check if the doctors were allowed, or mandated, to report individuals withe mental issues...
    Have not seen a complete list of the weapons this nut had....he was indeed a nutjob. Of the 6 victims{this asshole was not a victim} 3 were killed with a knife, two with handguns, and one with vehicle...I was guessing from his manifesto, rambling as it was, that his apartment room was a filled with weapons of all types that he was collecting...I guess we will find out more as the situation unfolds. It appears his parents tried to turn him in....but the authorities, whoever they might be, basically ignored the pleas.

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

First three were knifed. Probably could have got a higher body count if he had stuck to just the knife. I doubt anyone had an idea he was active till they heard the gunshots. Senseless, disturbing, I feel for all the parents. The outspoken father no doubt felt a lot of frustration and anger. Shame on the press for invading his life during such an intense moment of grief.
    Hoot Gibson and kj7687 like this.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

Quote Originally Posted by OurDee View Post
    First three were knifed. Probably could have got a higher body count if he had stuck to just the knife. I doubt anyone had an idea he was active till they heard the gunshots. Senseless, disturbing, I feel for all the parents. The outspoken father no doubt felt a lot of frustration and anger. Shame on the press for invading his life during such an intense moment of grief.
    You can bet if the grieving farther had blamed Obama and the open borders{which doesn't apply in situation of course} for something like this.....it would have been ignored by the press with extreme prejudice...but since he took a shot at the NRA, they were all over it....

Hidden Content

I've asked for angels to visit the victims' survivors, even the moronic gun hater.

Quote Originally Posted by OurDee View Post
    Wow I hadn't even thought of that - ironically I think you are right. He could have potentially killed more if no one had heard the gun shots and called the police, especially if it were done out of sight of others (as the stabbings inside the apartment presumably were).
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links