Feel Good Stories
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Feel Good Stories

Feel Good Stories

Amidst all the sad stories of murder, poor government performance, wether related disasters, etc a couple of nice stories have recently crossed my bow:

On her way to work this morning my wife saw cars ahead brake, honk then pull over. The drivers got out with some haste and converged.Fearing imminent road rage and possible need to duck flying bullets she paid close attention. Turns out the other drivers were simply herding 7 ducklings who got separated from momma duck safely across road to rejoin mom and other ducklings on sidewalk.

Sunday I was shown a picture of a note left on a single mother's dilapidated car that essentially said: " I saw you needed tires so I bought you some. Take this receipt to the tire store and talk to ...... and he will install them no charge. Somebody helped me once so I am helping you now. I just ask that you try to help someone else in the. future".

Guess there is still some good in the world.

Random acts of kindness. It is how we love one another. I do them all the time out of pure selfishness. The only joy I know is helping someone out of the blue, just because I can. As Dan Milman says, "There are no unselfish acts." I prefer anonymity, but will endure the thanks if I have to. As Dave Ramsey says, "Live like no other, so in the future you can live like no other."

I thought this was a nice story.

(NEWSER) – Someone who has made a lot of money in the San Francisco real estate market is giving some of it back — in $20 and $100 bills stuffed in envelopes hidden around the city.

All that's known about the anonymous millionaire, who uses the Twitter handle @HiddenCash: He's between 35 and 45, recently made $500,000 on a single deal, has some friends helping him with the money drops, and gave away $4,000 between Thursday night and Sunday.

He now has more than 52,000 followers, and every tip sparks what the San Francisco Chronicle calls a "social-scavenger hunt" in different districts of the city.

"I've made millions of dollars the last few years, more than I ever imagined, and yet many friends of mine, and people who work for me, cannot afford to buy a modest home in the Bay Area," the mystery donor explains to the Bold Italic. "This has caused me quite a bit of reflection. I am determined to give away some of the money I make, and in addition to charity, to do it in fun, creative ways like this."

He tells ABC News that he plans to keep up the money drops "indefinitely"—and he plans to expand the giveaway to New York City and Los Angeles soon. "I'm giving right now about a thousand a day. For me, that's definitely manageable."

Newser is a USA TODAY content partner providing general news, commentary and coverage from around the Web. Its content is produced independently of USA TODAY.
    Hoot Gibson, Fred, Dubzha and 1 others like this.
    My '87 TDub was born amidst the fervor of Miami Vice! And it looks like Don Johnson's wardrobe!Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Fred, Dubzha and littletommy like this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Love those stories and just did one myself this weekend!

GaryL
    Fred and littletommy like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I always thought there was something socially healthy about that old Boy Scout "do a good turn daily" thing. When I was young I had a coin, designed for the purpose, that you put in your left pocket and secretly transfered to your right pocket after you had accomplished a good turn for the day. The goal was 365 a year. Imagine the exponential expansion if that was more universal. I still try to do it, but I lost my coin long ago. Maybe I will just fetch me up another...I see they are still around in the second hand market.

Attachment 6719
    GaryL, Hoot Gibson, Fred and 3 others like this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    I always thought there was something socially healthy about that old Boy Scout "do a good turn daily" thing. When I was young I had a coin, designed for the purpose, that you put in your left pocket and secretly transfered to your right pocket after you had accomplished a good turn for the day. The goal was 365 a year. Imagine the exponential expansion if that was more universal. I still try to do it, but I lost my coin long ago. Maybe I will just fetch me up another...I see they are still around in the second hand market.

Attachment 6719
    Find one for me too Borneo!

GaryL
    Hoot Gibson and littletommy like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I pulled over on a back road to help a turtle cross the other side.
    Hoot Gibson, Fred, Dubzha and 1 others like this.

Speaking of back roads....heading out to do some Bridge Work{i.e. photograph the tw at some old area bridges}...wait, does that belong on the Upper Section
    Fred and Dubzha like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Well here is praise for all you unsung heroes and all the small things done to make the world a better place. Personally I think my Gardian Angel works overtime keeping me safe so I try to do good things as if they are deposits into my karmic ( darmic?) bank account whose balance may be getting low.
    littletommy likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links