Oh. I thought maybe he spanked him.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Oh. I thought maybe he spanked him.

Oh. I thought maybe he spanked him.

Didn't do his chores.

Didn't do his school work.

Watched too many videos.

Father faces child cruelty charges for teen's punishment
    Last edited by Borneo; 05-28-2014 at 05:10 AM.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Great! He's going to grow up as a punk-ass knowing that no one can touch him including his dad.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

My dad would be in prison with a long sentence! As a kid I used a pair of scissors and cut some things I should not have. As punishment dad made me cut the lawn with those scissors until my fingers had blisters.

Funny but I never cut anything ever again that did not need cutting with scissors.

Brother got caught peeing behind and on the fire wood pile. Dads punishment for him was to move the entire wood pile, a full cord, about 4 feet over and it better be neatly stacked. No gloves allowed because my brother complained, "It's just P".

GaryL
    littletommy, Hoot Gibson and Fred like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

My dad would kick me in the A** when I got really out of control. I have actually fallen upstairs with his size 12 motivation.
    Hoot Gibson and Fred like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

People see things differently I guess. I see a father concerned about his son. He is spotting tendencies that he knows will result in grief for his son down the road. He crafts some remedial intervention for him. In essence, regardless of how you read it, he made him work. Physical work.

Somebody else got up at three am. Somebody else monitored those activities. The son is without argument stronger today than he was a few days ago. His activity level is higher. He also actually performed the tasks...no one is saying the father beat him. He complied. There is some decent respect and communication flowing for that reason. Mother is on board with the intervention, that speaks to me of a family plan of parenting.

The home looks comfortable and well maintained. That tells me alot too.

This mother and father are quite simply raising their son by their own lights. And I don't fault them at all. This is far from a crime in my mind.

I find it interesting that we had another story of a Mother, Father and Son this past weekend. I can't help but wonder if that son had carried a landscape block a few miles and moved a few piles the story would never have been.

My Father also used work and strenuous activity as training tools and punishment. I bless him every day because he did. I was deprived of his guidance almost 14 years ago now, but up until then, even though I was a man grown, with a wife, he never shirked what he felt was his responsibility to shape me and guide me to the best of his ability.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Nation of wimps, led by the Chicago Bath House Queen sitting in the White House....never had to whip or spank my kids....they knew my bark meant business....when I was growing up my mom was worse on me than dad....and she's still giving me Hell when she thinks I need it, and she's 90 years old.
    Fred, GaryL and littletommy like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

In this case I have to tell the government to get out of this guys house. We learned early that all dad needed to do was give us the LOOK! What some consider child cruelty today was standard fare when we were growing up. Back then if I had needed an ass wooping, the cops would have held me for dad to get it done.

I got caught riding my Hodaka down the highway heading home from my GFs house one evening. The cop, State Trooper and friend of my dads put a hurt on me. Took the key to the bike and told me to get pushing, about 3 miles from home and a good portion of up hill. He dropped the key to my dad and told him I was going to be a bit late for dinner. Things were different back then and way better IMHO.

GaryL
    Hoot Gibson, Fred and littletommy like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

One man's landscape block. Another man's building block of character and discipline. Who want's to bet when that boy is grow with children of his own he tells his kids the story of the time his old man made him hike with a 28 pound concrete block...and tells it fondly.
    Hoot Gibson, Fred and littletommy like this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

My dad was a military training officer.So after the butt paddlings he put me to work cleaning the house,mowing the lawn and fixing stuff. Then the problem was I started to enjoy it. ( The work that is ) The next punishment was to take away my books. That worked until I told him without my shop books I was unable to fix stuff up to my standards. Show me your standards son. I did and my dad said " My work here is done"
    Fred and littletommy like this.

Another incident of government gone wild. Remember, the tyrants the Patriots killed were the "boots on the ground". DFCS employees and the police involved are the tyrants, and the pizza delivery driver is the loyalist. The Tree of Liberty needs watering.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links