Things to do when you are bored out of your mind....
Close

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Hoot Gibson
  • 2 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By troll
  • 2 Post By littletommy
  • 2 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By sp_cache

Thread: Things to do when you are bored out of your mind....

Things to do when you are bored out of your mind....

Wife is in Wisconsin for another 4 or 5 days....no baseball tonight, rains are coming down heavy....so I am sitting around with the 2 cats and a friend's Dachshund, who I am watching while he is on vacation for another 4 or 5 days....Strong Storms are predicted, but so far, just heavy rains....which we really don't need....I was gonna clean the hardwood floors, and leaf blow the front porch...but said "F~It" and decided to pile "Sid" the guest dog in the Nitro, and drive over to the little Amish Berg of Berne, Indiana, and pick up some craft beer and a bottle or two of my favorite liqueur "Drambuie"...didn't take the camera, but had the Cell phone...and as you can see the weather is Fugly! But what the Hell? I am sitting here with 2 fingers of Drambuie on the Rocks, listening to the Jimmy Buffet Channel on my Internet XM Radio, and watching the rains come down....not a bad afternoon after all....tomorrow I will think{again} about doing the wood floors and the porch, unless the sun comes back out and then me and the TW are heading out for a long ride:

Strong Storms.jpg:

Drambuie 003.JPG
    Last edited by Hoot Gibson; 06-04-2014 at 03:12 PM.
    Fred likes this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Hoot, you ain't that old and feeble yet. Suit up and get out there in the rain and go for a ride.
    It's an adventure! Aren't afraid to get that new bike a little dirty are ya?

Dare ya.

You can thank me later.

*You know, Man & Machine, Conquering The Elements. Guarantee you will feel great when you get back, wet or not.
    Last edited by littletommy; 06-04-2014 at 03:24 PM.
    Hoot Gibson and Indiana like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Hoot, you ain't that old and feeble yet. Suit up and get out there in the rain and go for a ride.
    It's an adventure! Aren't afraid to get that new bike a little dirty are ya?

Dare ya.

You can thank me later.

*You know, Man & Machine, Conquering The Elements. Guarantee you will feel great when you get back, wet or not.
    now you quite being so encouraging, that storm picture Hoot put would keep me in the house or at least under a roof. you are right though... it just might be fun!
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

You would know more about bad weather than most of us living where you do. I figure you gotta work at staying young and being adventurous or all of a sudden you will be a old man who can't do it anymore. When we were young, we wouldn't have given it a second thought, right? Remember, every ride is a adventure!

This winter on our coldest day, minus 15-17 or so, I noticed the roads looked good enough for a ride, so I fired the ol TW up and took two 2 mile rides. With the windchill factor of going 35-40 mph or so, I figure it was -40 or 50 outside. It wasn't a long ride but so fun, that as soon as I stepped in the house and warmed up for a couple minutes, I did it again, it was so fun. You should have seen the folks looking at me, with a t-shirt and light hoodie on zip by. Got several double looks. They thought I was crazy. I'm just trying to stay young.

I was wearing a half helmet with no visor, so my face got a bit chilled. (my eyeballs almost froze) ha ha

I get a kick out of some of these youngsters who, if it isn't 50 or 60 degrees won't ride.

I got a couple HD riders that live on the same block as I do and if it isn't 70 or more out, they don't go out! Gimme a break!
    Last edited by littletommy; 06-04-2014 at 08:35 PM.
    Hoot Gibson and Fred like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    You would know more about bad weather than most of us living where you do. I figure you gotta work at staying young and being adventurous or all of a sudden you will be a old man who can't do it anymore. When we were young, we wouldn't have given it a second thought, right? Remember, every ride is a adventure!

This winter on our coldest day, minus 15-17 or so, I noticed the roads looked good enough for a ride, so I fired the ol TW up and took two 2 mile rides. With the windchill factor of going 35-40 mph or so, I figure it was -40 or 50 outside. It wasn't a long ride but so fun, that as soon as I stepped in the house and warmed up for a couple minutes, I did it again it was so fun. You should have seen the folks looking at me, with a t-shirt and light hoodie on zip by. Got several double looks. They thought I was crazy. I'm just trying to stay young.
    you're just a fun hog I can tell! and you have very good advice on staying active to stay young... use it or lose it. Keep up the inspiration!

I really like your attitude littletommy but I think I would be hiding out with Hoot sipping a Drambuie if given a chance.
    Hoot Gibson and Mel like this.

Nothing better than a cold beverage and good music.
    I've never had Drambuie, have to give it a try next go around.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    '73 CT-90
    '14 TW200
    Cycleracks Rear rack, Jimbo shield, Gmax dual sport helmet

Sponosred Links