do you lease from Solar city?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: do you lease from Solar city?

Question do you lease from Solar city?

My house has been paid off for five years now did the 15 year deal. I will be talking to a rep from solar city at noon tomorrow I am thinking about leasing equipment for 20 years no money out of my pocket, and buying my electric from solar city and use local power (APS) company as back up. now I live in Phoenix (SUN) has anyone done this?
    Last edited by ZDR1; 06-15-2014 at 08:09 PM.

So, is Solar City offering something for nothing? Hmmmm????? Be very careful. I've lived with solar a few short times. Those times weren't short enough. Daily maintenance required just to keep the dust off the collectors/panels or efficiency suffered dramatically.

ZDR1 likes this.

The side of the roof the panels will go has sun 12 hours of the day sun is not the problem I will let you know the sale pitch a lot of my Neighbors have panels as I live on a Golf course. I am more worried about a golf ball breaking a panel so if it is covered on the company insurance it is a go!
    Last edited by ZDR1; 06-15-2014 at 10:04 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

My golf course! Peoria Pines

I like riding on golf courses.
    ZDR1 likes this.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    The side of the roof the panels will go has sun 12 hours of the day sun is not the problem I will let you know the sale pitch a lot of my Neighbors have panels as I live on a Golf course. I am more worried about a golf ball breaking a panel so if it is covered on the company insurance it is a go!
    It is a no go Golf balls are not covered on insurance and the company would want me to sign a wavier to cover the cost NOT!

Good luck . never worked for me Had to use the generator too much even though I had a huge battery bank in California off the grid . I could have bought a lot of PG&E for what the stuff and diesel cost me. Not to method the work . Was a beautiful house location on 40 acres though but it was a lifestyle I could not afford in retirement .
    Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    My house has been paid off for five years now did the 15 year deal. I will be talking to a rep from solar city at noon tomorrow I am thinking about leasing equipment for 20 years no money out of my pocket, and buying my electric from solar city and use local power (APS) company as back up. now I live in Phoenix (SUN) has anyone done this?
    Last edited by greenbomb; 06-16-2014 at 07:05 PM.
    ZDR1 likes this.
    Look at the bottom of this page under SIMILAR THREADS
    Norm in Arkansas
    2006 TW , Kick Starter , Shinko 241 front 4;00/18 ,Vesrah HD clutch springs. Carb jet Kit, Amsoil 10-40 , ALLSBALLS steering head bearings, Jimbo shield. Zeta drop -down bend handguards
    Ricochet skidplate from IMMIX RACING , BIKEMASTER Supersport mirrors XT350 fuel tank , member big foot pegs

Honda XR 600 , KTM 300 , BMW 1100 gs , 327 Cushman Truckster , KTM 625 SXC . Ural with sidecar

Have a spot off the grid near Terlingua TX. Buried a 12-foot diameter steel pipe for an underground house--exposed end faces south and has a glass wall. No need for heat or air, a small fan is all that is needed for ventilation when there is not enough difference in indoor and outdoor temps for the geothermal umbrella HVAC system to work, 1 amp, runs forever on the bazillion amp/hour fork lift battery with jumpers rewired to make it a huge 12 volt. Uses about a gallon of distilled water per year. Charged by homemade 400 watt photovoltaic panel array inside the windows to keep the dust off. Yes, inside is inefficient, but enough to keep the battery peaked and then some. When I'm there I move the system outside and can run an RV frig on 12 volt and some lights and such, and the battery stays charged.

ZDR1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OurDee View Post
    I like riding on golf courses.
    Yes it is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    87 TW200 the little beast lives and breathes- FIRE!
    00 TTR125
    03 DRZ400E
    06 TTR125
    06 DL650

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links