Close

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Fred
  • 2 Post By GaryL
  • 1 Post By joeband
  • 1 Post By OurDee

Thread: Hungry Birds

Hungry Birds

Here is a little experiment I made of feeding my wife's feathered friends before I can go riding
    TW-Brian likes this.

Whatever the experiment was, I'd say it worked. 4 hummingbirds feeding at the same time doesn't happen much around here. Maybe 3 but they usually fight over the feeder. We don't have those quail looking birds around here. What are they? They look tasty.

My cats think they are tasty. Actually they love to birdwatch whether it be from a windowsill or hiding behind a pinecone on the drive. They never catch one, but never give up hope. They are better at getting the mice who come for spilled birdseed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Feeding Hummers can be the creation of little monsters. When the fluid is empty they think nothing of dive bombing you and they even slap at my picture window to inform me I am remiss in my duties. They can also be extremely vocal and think nothing of coming in to my garage while I am working just to bitch me out for not filling the reservoir. By the end of the season I will have gone through 50 pounds of sugar just feeding these tiny tyrants.

I can't be sure but it seems like one nesting pair turns in to 6 birds quick and I think they multiply like rabbits all summer long. My home is Hummer Central and to say I have over a hundred birds by the end of summer is an understatement. You don't want to be out in my front yard between 6 & 9 PM this time of year. The sky is busier than JFK airport.

GaryL
    littletommy and Fred like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

black-headed grosbeak (male and female) and california quail (male and female) in the first shot, not sure of the hummers, but they are smaller so maybe black-chinned?
    thanks for sharing fred! bummer you couldn't make the russ ride SLO, good times.
    Last edited by joeband; 06-27-2014 at 07:10 PM.
    Fred likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I used to do the humming bird feeding thing. When I would refill the feeders I could hold it out and they would come drink as I held it.

crowflys.gif

Anyone hunt crows?

Crowbusters.com
    Fred likes this.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

Sponosred Links