Deflecting beam type inch pound torque wrenches , made in the usa .
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By frog13

Thread: Deflecting beam type inch pound torque wrenches , made in the usa .

Deflecting beam type inch pound torque wrenches , made in the usa .

Check out a company called seekonk.com for inch pound torque wrenches ( deflecting beam type. ). The price range is from $118-$134 , various inch-pound combinations .
    old white truck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
    Check out a company called seekonk.com for inch pound torque wrenches ( deflecting beam type. ). The price range is from $118-$134 , various inch-pound combinations .
    Remember you can check them by clamping the drive end in a vice parallel tom the floor and hanging a known weight from the handle

I prefer clickers . don't have to look at a dial . I have both. a guy should have some idea of what he is pulling anyway . But from the busted bolt forum a lot are way too strong

Price might be all right . I do like Made in the USA . Better a cheap one then broken bolts . and I think the cheap ones work fine in the range we work in . Jap bike , Jap wrench . I have a lot of snap on but $125 For a 3/8 ratchet is getting far away from my retirement income. I can buy Stanley and Dewatt at Wall Mart for $25 AND THEY ARE A DARN GOOD WRENCH . BUT When I worked on heavy equipment there are the times that Boney , Williams , And Snap On tools are the only ones that did not break on you when you were 30 miles from the nearest town.
    Sears has a sale on now and they start a $50 to Sky is the limit . REMEMBER . "''ITS NOT EXPENSIVE < I JUST DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY!!"
    OK got to get to the Airport , Wind is calming down ! Am I starting to sound like HILLARY or What
    Last edited by greenbomb; 06-28-2014 at 05:35 PM.
    Look at the bottom of this page under SIMILAR THREADS
    Norm in Arkansas
    2006 TW , Kick Starter , Shinko 241 front 4;00/18 ,Vesrah HD clutch springs. Carb jet Kit, Amsoil 10-40 , ALLSBALLS steering head bearings, Jimbo shield. Zeta drop -down bend handguards
    Ricochet skidplate from IMMIX RACING , BIKEMASTER Supersport mirrors XT350 fuel tank , member big foot pegs

Honda XR 600 , KTM 300 , BMW 1100 gs , 327 Cushman Truckster , KTM 625 SXC . Ural with sidecar

All comments welcome , don't ever compare yourself to that Left-wing babbling goof / liar . Anyway , the recalibration of a deflecting beam is easy , no need to send it off somewhere if there is an issue with recal.. Everyone has their preferences in this world for one reason or another , whatever you choose , knock yourself out. Just passing along info for folks who are deflecting bean wrench types ( ME ). I'm looking for an operational inch pound range between 60 inch and 90 inch pounds . I don't recall seeing Craftsman deflecting beam inch pound wrench's ?.....I have had one of their deflecting beam foot pound wrench's for nearly 30 years.....still accurate.
    Last edited by frog13; 06-28-2014 at 06:22 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Stanley, dewalt, black and decker, Mac, Proto and a few others are all made/owned by Stanley.
    My Craftsman Foot pound ratchet torque wrench broke again. Still have my old needle foot pound so I'm using it.

You can not go wrong with what Senior Frog says .
    If I recall correctly the directions that came with my Sears Beam type torque wrench said ( and I still have the wrench and the booklet they came with ) that it is accurate within 2 to 5 percent until the beam finally breaks and to recalibrate the beam type you just bend the pointer over to point at zero . I only had to do it a time or two because of abuse on my part because I had them in the tool box with other stuff piled on top of them . To do the Frog one better I have TWO of the sears beam torque wrenches a 1/2 and a 3/8 that I bought in 1965 to work on my Honda C110 LOL but who's counting . Just might have to look up Seekonk and see if they have a 1/4 incher .. I still like to feel and hear the click though.

Here is a link to sears 1/4 inchers . there are I believe 2 beam types but I think they only go to 60 inch pounds

UPDATE went to the link and found out there was 10 pages of torque wrenches . May be there are more beam torquers

http://www.sears.com/search=1/4%20in...0inch%20pounds
    Last edited by greenbomb; 06-28-2014 at 07:58 PM.
    Norm in Arkansas
    2006 TW , Kick Starter , Shinko 241 front 4;00/18 ,Vesrah HD clutch springs. Carb jet Kit, Amsoil 10-40 , ALLSBALLS steering head bearings, Jimbo shield. Zeta drop -down bend handguards
    Ricochet skidplate from IMMIX RACING , BIKEMASTER Supersport mirrors XT350 fuel tank , member big foot pegs

Honda XR 600 , KTM 300 , BMW 1100 gs , 327 Cushman Truckster , KTM 625 SXC . Ural with sidecar

1965....that's my DOB ,just like me ,see how durable the deflecting beams are LOL. And yes ,they do have 1/4 drive .

And you call yourself a SENIOR ! My Kid is older than you LOL
    Norm in Arkansas

Sponosred Links