Bigfoot, Sasquatch?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Bigfoot, Sasquatch?

Bigfoot, Sasquatch?

So with the t-dub group seeming to be labeled quirky, I was just wondering where everyone stands on the subject of Bigfoot. Must be someone that has been out riding late at night and saw something they thought could be one. Please share your stories. I myself have no stories to share but I do find myself fascinated with the possibility of squatches being out there.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    I've heard some stories too. Nothing first hand to report either. I'm in the "I've never seen one, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are out there." camp.

We are still discovering new species. Living in the west, I'm aware that there are enough forested areas and open spaces that aren't accessed by humans regularly, that it is totally feasible that they could be out there avoiding detection. But, until one is captured by a trap, a bullet, or a Discovery Channel HD camera, the debate will live on.
    Cascade Rider likes this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

I heard Bigfoot left the area in search of the Lochness Monster!

Seriously, I'd love it if they found a "real" one...as long as it wasn't one which raided my tent didn't bite into my shaving cream can!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

They have been showing a series on Discovery about a so called Russian Yeti that murdered some student hikers back in 1959....not sure I buy it, but the series is interesting:

Bigfoot Evidence: New Discovery Channel Show Russian Yeti: The Killer Lives!
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

rbm
    I saw in yesterday's paper, Animal Planet was/is in Fredon Twp., NJ now looking for them. They even held a town hall meeting to talk to locals that believe they have seen one. The show could air as late as December.

There is something in the human make up that needs to believe in man-like wild creatures. The myths or stories of such creatures span the globe and crop up in many diverse cultures and climates over the ages yet little irrefutable physical evidence exists. I too feel the same primordial urge to believe but in the absence of any modern cadavers, skeletons, or live specimens I must remain doubtful.
    Certainly the few exposed hoaxes do not prove that bigfoot crtters do not exist, no evidence can prove a non-existence. And yes,it is possible to postulate a rigorous corpse eating/disposing yeti population to account for lack of bones, etc. So I suppose their existence might be remotely possible.
    I'll keep my eyes out for one.

In Northern California, Bigfoot wears green socks !

(Picture - courtesy of photographer Joeband on the NorCal 2nd Half Sheetiron 150 ride )
    Hoot Gibson, Fred, joeband and 2 others like this.

Let me know when one is found! Are we to believe they either live forever or when one dies it's bones and all physical evidence of existence simply evaporates? Folklore is a very interesting concept that I just can't wrap my head around until real evidence is found.

Neighbors here in NY claim they have seen mountain lions. This is an absolute possibility yet there is little to no evidence so far. I have trail cameras that capture just about every creature roaming this area. Never caught a glimps of a wild Bore or a big cat and both could be here. Every living animal leaves scatt where ever it roams. Wish I knew what a Big Foot turd looked like

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    In Northern California, Bigfoot wears green socks !

(Picture - courtesy of photographer Joeband on the NorCal 2nd Half Sheetiron 150 ride )
    Come on Joe, a little creativity here. Cut some big feet out of aluminum, paint them black and crazy glue them on. It would go viral until some yahoo steels the entire sign!

Just last year my highway dept. put up Bear Crossing signs in a couple spots. Within 3 days those signs were gone! I am pretty sure they will be found right under all the Lovers Lane signs they no longer put up.

GaryL
    joeband likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

gary,
    "I hear nothing, I see nothing,
    I know nothing!" i just took the picture.

with specific regards to the question of large furry hominids... no go. granted there is a lot of open spaces in the west, but there also have been people occupying it for 12,000+ years. if sasguatch was real we'd have some bones, skin or hair as artifacts. other than big track casts, there's nothing. we discovery new mammals species now and again, but they are generally small, secretive organisms that are closely related to other known species, not large organisms that are completely "unknown".

i'd still love to have a redwood carving bigfoot.
    IMG_5848.JPG
    Fred likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links