State by State / Motorcycle helmet laws
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: State by State / Motorcycle helmet laws

State by State / Motorcycle helmet laws

I thought more states had laws for wearing helmets than I found here. I used to not want to wear one, but over the years have changed my mind. I don't always wear a jacket, but always a helmet and gloves. (around town / 25mph / couple mile radius of the house) Anything more than this, I wear all the gear.

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/state-s...161010523.html

How about you? Always a helmet? Not at all? Other gear? ATGATT?
    Last edited by littletommy; 07-05-2014 at 04:39 AM.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I know I am an Idiot with a capital I, but I don't wear one in town. I live in a small town of about 35,000 and the speed limit is 25 on most roads 30 on the highway through town. I do wear one outside of town on longer rides, and I am looking into a good jacket with armour for those rides too. With Harley Davidson headquartered in my State I don't think we will ever see helmet laws here...

We used to say that about the 18 yr old drinking age too, with all the breweries we used to have in Wisconsin, but they eventually got us to budge on that too by pinching off our Fed funds for highways.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Journey before destination.
    -Brandon Sanderson

Both my wife and I "ALWAYS" / "ALWAYS" wear our helmets........................................... ....Period........................................ .. OMM.
    Mel likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Wearing a helmet is a good idea. It has saved my head several times. What I don't like is being told I have to wear one. That should be the choice of the rider and not the Senators and Assembly people and Governor in Sacramento (or in Washington D.C.) !
    Leben and rurlndum like this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

I like to yard-sale naked.
    troll and Fred like this.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

CX500C_blau.jpg When I was 19 riding my 1979 Honda CX500 Custom I had a car turn in front of me at an intersection, I was going 50 mph and hit the back wheel area the bike stop I flew over the car and landed face first and did a hand slap on the asphalt I had boots Levi jacket Levi pants and a full face Nava helmet on I broke my right hand purple bruises all over and only got a bloody nose fat lips and a few loose teeth.
    Last edited by ZDR1; 07-05-2014 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingman View Post
    I know I am an Idiot with a capital I, but I don't wear one in town. I live in a small town of about 35,000 and the speed limit is 25 on most roads 30 on the highway through town. I do wear one outside of town on longer rides, and I am looking into a good jacket with armour for those rides too. With Harley Davidson headquartered in my State I don't think we will ever see helmet laws here...

We used to say that about the 18 yr old drinking age too, with all the breweries we used to have in Wisconsin, but they eventually got us to budge on that too by pinching off our Fed funds for highways.
    I'm about like Dingman....live in a town of 12,000, usually don't wear in warm weather around town or the lake, but do the rest of the time.....I've had 2 major wrecks with injuries, on both occasions I was wearing a helmet....the first in 1975 it saved my face, the 2nd, in 1987, it probably saved my life....first was my fault, 2nd the driver of the car....so I say wear one at all times....but when it's sunny and above 70 I don't always follow my own advice.

I should also mention, both of those wrecks were in the town I live currently.....guess you can't fix stupid and I pled guilty....
    Last edited by Hoot Gibson; 07-05-2014 at 10:01 AM.
    troll and Dingman like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    I always put on a helmet and gloves... motorcycle, bicycle, skiing, snowboarding and snow machine. 95% of the time I wear fully armoured jacket and pants. Like most I have had my melon saved by a skid-lid a few times... The worst was hitting a German Shepard at about 60mph... all I really remember is the yellow centerline whipping by under my face as I slid down the road on my belly after high-siding. That one was 50 years ago and taught me a great lesson.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by OurDee View Post
    I like to yard-sale naked.
    must make for good stories....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    I always put on a helmet and gloves... motorcycle, bicycle, skiing, snowboarding and snow machine. 95% of the time I wear fully armoured jacket and pants. Like most I have had my melon saved by a skid-lid a few times... The worst was hitting a German Shepard at about 60mph... all I really remember is the yellow centerline whipping by under my face as I slid down the road on my belly after high-siding. That one was 50 years ago and taught me a great lesson.
    A deer hit me 40 years ago in Kentucky.............. Sure am glad I had my skid-lid on.......... OMM.
    troll and Hoot Gibson like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links